Thread: Washington

Washington

We're on the lookout for pitching. Tons of position players available. Let me know what you have for trade.

PM ME!!
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Diamond Legends - Oak Island Treasure
    Cardinals Fans - Brooklyn Dogs
    Brockmire League - Atlanta Firecrackers
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics
    All Star Gala - Atlantic City Aces

Re: Washington

No cap space, no scouting for Albany. Two or three more seasons of losing in the playoffs, then it'll be rebuild time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by orangecat13748 View Post
    No cap space, no scouting for Albany. Two or three more seasons of losing in the playoffs, then it'll be rebuild time, lol.
    Boy do I know THAT feeling lol. I took a stupid risk this last season and broke my streak of 30-whatever seasons of winning baseball. I think I could have gone a lot longer but I traded away the best 2B in the league for some young talent. On a related note, we (Washington) just made a swap with Oakland to bring in some MUCH needed young pitching. I swapped picks as well, so #23 is now available along with a ton of other position players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe Dispensers View Post
    I think I could have gone a lot longer but I traded away the best 2B in the league for some young talent.
    Honestly I think you won that trade. Hanson is a great player no doubt, especially on defense, but I'm only going to end up getting a couple of years of his peak before he starts to significantly decline. Meanwhile Gentry is going to be a great hitter in the middle of your lineup for many years. I haven't looked at who you got with the #17 but even without the pick I feel like you might come out on top of this deal.

I mainly did it because I was tired of winning 90+ games and not making the playoffs. It worked out (barely)... but this team is aging and it's only a matter of time before we run out of ammunition. Tried for Gosha in free agency but the Mets made a better offer. Our starting pitching is very inconsistent and our bullpen was absolutely awful last year. I hate rebuilding especially in a 4/day league because it takes so long for the team to be good again... so we'll see how it goes. If I had to guess, I'll probably fight to win 85 games this year and finish in 3rd place 10 games back.

I ended up with Jeff Mason at #17 in what was a pretty shallow draft. He should be decent, maybe back end rotation or relief. Ghentry should hit for a really high average, but I've got a lot of position guys that are just as good or better, which is why I'm looking for some trade partners. Had the pick been in a deeper draft I'd agree with you on getting the better of that deal, but I think it's pretty even. Hanson helps the whole pitching staff and hits well above average to boot. A sure fire player to make a playoff push, which I missed out on...