Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2134 Season Thread

Re: 2134 Season Thread

with 8 or 9 games left, not a single team has clinched a playoff spot. Brag's magic number is 1 but it looks like they could still technically lose out and miss the postseason on a tiebreaker. Everyone else is at least a few games away from clinching, and with barely more than 24 real life hours left in the season, we still have 17 teams still theoretically alive.

How rare is that? I have no idea. But I will say that there have only been 2 seasons in TCL's history where every single 3rd place team was within 10 games of the 1st place team - 2084 (max games was 9 back) and 2102 (max was 7). Small and Dead seem pretty likely to meet that requirement, while I'm still sweating making the playoffs over Worcester, let alone pulling ahead to a 10 game lead. Spit is the division most likely to mess it up, since it's not hard to imagine Brag opening up an extra 2 games over DPRK to close out the year.

Some of this is made possible by the handful of awful teams donating free wins around the league - meaning that this won't be the most parity-filled season by a longshot. But at least for the top half of the league, we're seeing a lot of potential contenders sticking around and playing meaningful games late in the year.

I hate this season and team.

Small will be goot (justified) and pimp (stolen).

Wait CF is so bad Allen has the second highest WAR there? Woah.

Yes I realize that was posted a week ago.

Surprised Errico isn't listed. He is second in the league in LWTS and 3rd in xRAA. 5th in IP and 4th in wins. Above many of the pitchers from that table.
    Last edited by makila; January 13, 2021 at 08:21 PM.

Also, I just noticed how many of the best players are in long/dead. Small must have incredible depth to have good teams

looks like fatigue didn't get applied to the games played on 9/21. don't abuse the bug.

9pm sim in jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    Also, I just noticed how many of the best players are in long/dead. Small must have incredible depth to have good teams
    Dont know how common this is but Tempe could potentially finish with best record in the league and have the fewest runs allowed. But will not have a pitcher with more than 18 wins.
    When the expectations are so low, you cant possibly lose.

Three teams within 1.5 games with 3-4 to go, fighting for the wildcard in Dead Ball. Nassau made up some ground in September, but a couple of extra-inning losses to SGB haunt me.

Long ball kept meddle from the playoffs. Small ball couldn’t finish off pimp. Tempe gonna have to do it themselves

Thanks for the jinx but nothing is clinched yet. I told my team my aim is to have a wins total in the high 80s every season and they seem to be taking me extremely literally right now.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast