Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for Scouting Information During Trade Negotiations

Re: Asking for Scouting Information During Trade Negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by SlickLaptop View Post
    People asking for scouting information generally want screenshots. Someone would have to go through extraordinary amounts of effort to fake a screenshot.
    Not saying anyone should do this but it would actually be very easy to fake... just open the developer panel in your browser and edit the HTML to make the ratings appear however you want
    Last edited by EtaCar927; November 12, 2020 at 10:34 PM.

I don't ever ask for screenshots as proof, I don't even generally ask for scouting, honestly, but have sent them to long term guys I've owned with. If I had fulls and the guy I'm dealing with has zeros, I don't mind unless he's had zeros for half a decade in scouting and he "checks in" every preseason. Boicey, looking at you (joking) But that is so few and far between that it hardly comes up. I feel like if you deal in good faith, dudes will trade with you more often.

In a league I'm in, I ended up trading a lotto pick pre-lotto. It hit the jackpot and ended up being the number one overall. I did not get a number one overall return in my initial deal. Partly because I'm an honest dealer,(but mostly because the other owner is a mensch) the other owner under charged me on our next deal. I didn't expect him to and don't expect that in the future, I made my own bed, but I will definitely take it as a result of working to make equitable trades for both guys.
    Last edited by PR; November 12, 2020 at 10:38 PM.
    Ok

Also, as a result of that by the other owner, he'll probably be approached by me if I'm going to sell a monster piece before I list it in the forum. It all comes around.
    Ok

I hate when teams ask for scouting, I agree it's an asset... but also this ship sailed a long time ago community-wise and as they say: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
    Chi Beta Federation - Boston Revolutionaries / Boston Molasses Rebels
    Owner: 1996 - ??? (2005-2020; 15 real years)

27 World Series Wins
    34 League Championships
    49 Division Championships

Quote Originally Posted by MeddlePAL View Post
    I hate when teams ask for scouting, I agree it's an asset... but also this ship sailed a long time ago community-wise and as they say: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join Dynasty

I'm just fine sharing scouting from time to time. I mean, I've had unreasonable requests for full scouting for my entire system, but if specific players are involved, especially if one party is shipping off a known entity due to historic performance for an unknown LM ready for a callup I think it could be key to negotiations. Sometimes sharing scouted numbers can actually get you that veteran piece that puts you over the top. I kind of think that both owners want what they want from a deal, so if there can be some assurance that at least an equal projected value can be achieved, then it's healthy for future trade talks. From the strategy standpoint, I can see the point that maybe an owner wouldn't want to share if they've invested in scouting but the other party hasn't, but I'm generally ok with it.

I know this is just a sim, but I'm pretty sure real-life MLB scouts share scouting reports on potential deals.
    World Series Record: 2 - 2
    Dodgers Baseball(defunct): Sherman Oaks Spartans: 1964 (L)
    Big League: Seattle Sasquatches: 1995 (W), 1996 (L)
    Xtra Bases: Seattle Chinook: 2094 (W)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12