Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: League Discussion Thread

Re: League Discussion Thread

The streak has ended

Oh my gosh. The streak is over. It included 55 pennants, 25 championships. Even as a fellow opponent, it's surreal.

The streak lasted almost as long as the Cubs World Series drought. 106 seasons, 10 real-life years.

I feel like we need to listen to some "Taps", Goliath has been slayed. Helluva run Hardy.

I have to admit that I was not following my team very closely this season. I logged on just in time to see the situation, and bring Landry back on short rest.

What a run by Bayside. It has been very impressive. Time to start another streak in 2067!

Man, so close. We choked too many games away late in September. I also messed up by tweaking my rotation during the season to avoid seafat. And it burned me. 2 damn games. The one that hurt the most was the 4th to last game where we lost to West Side after being up 7-2 going into the 8th. We hold on to that one and we are in there.

I seriously can't believe how long that went on. It was actually the only thing that kept me from leaving the site completely 1-2 years ago. Good thing it lasted as long as it did because now I'm in for the long term as a developer.

I also clearly jinxed myself when I agreed to be a developer lol.

Well done JRM and CF!

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy_03 View Post
    I also clearly jinxed myself when I agreed to be a developer lol.
    Brian actually put some code in that makes you unable to make the playoffs, and it's a test to see how long it takes you to find it.

Meanwhile, this is probably the best Aces team I've had in a long, long time. I look forward to being swept, because that's how this game works.
    Last edited by Rolen27fan; March 15, 2022 at 05:46 PM.
    CardsClubhouse: Vegas Aces (1995-present)
    MLB Classic: Arizona Diamondbacks (2169-present)
    Vegas Aces - 2030, 2062, 2070, 2071, & 2100 CardsClubhouse World Series Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Rolen27fan View Post
    Brian actually put some code in that makes you unable to make the playoffs, and it's a test to see how long it takes you to find it.

Meanwhile, this is probably the best Aces team I've had in a long, long time. I look forward to being swept, because that's how this game works.
    We had a meeting this morning and he joked that he changed some internal ratings to make my team fail. He didn't, and also didn't say whether any of these internal ratings exist or not. But yeah, forum jinx + creator joining the league = streak end. Or at least that's what I'm going to blame it on haha.

Jacksonville helps end the streak and wins the trophy. Nice work.
    CardsClubhouse: Vegas Aces (1995-present)
    MLB Classic: Arizona Diamondbacks (2169-present)
    Vegas Aces - 2030, 2062, 2070, 2071, & 2100 CardsClubhouse World Series Champs

Nice run CF!

Congrats CF!

James Noel hung it up at 42. He’s top 10 in league history in 7 different categories, including 7th in wins (397), and 4th in QS’s (514). His 16 ASG’s appear to be the most in the modern era as well. Thanks to Esposito, he by all accounts is the greatest pitcher to never win a CYA.

Congrats cf

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast