Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: League Discussion Thread

Re: League Discussion Thread

Thanks. Was another wild playoffs. Somehow I just noticed that C Kirk Huff just had the best season for a hitter in franchise history. Probably why his salary is now over $8.5m.

.384 AVG (2nd best ever)
    .432 OBP
    .744 SLG (1st, next best .736)
    1.176 OPS (1st, next best 1.150)
    246 H (T7th)
    476 TB (1st, next best 442)
    59 HR (T9th)
    198 RBI (1st, next best 177)
    139 R (T3rd)

Unreal.

First off, big trade between West Side and New York. Lots of youth changing hands.

New York:

P: Mathew Premo
    P: David Wetzel
    SS: Curtis Reyes
    Salary concerns

West Side:
    P: Jonathan Tang
    SS: Andres Lees
    3B: Clifton Boles
    River Pirate 2155 1st round pick
    Salary concerns
    New York addresses some serious salary issues and adds valuable rookie-salary pitching depth, along with a range replacement for Lees.

Second. Huff's season was nuts. From a league perspective, 198 RBI is the third most in history (CCH OG slugger Donald Davis remains the only player to ever eclipse 200 RBI in a season). That's still the most in nearly a century, and one of only three top 10 RBI performances that have taken place since 2000.

Finally, can anybody provide an answer as to why Esposito's no-hitter from last year doesn't seem to be registering as an achievement?.
    Last edited by eocf; January 3, 2021 at 07:00 PM.

I've seen some other posts in the main forum that talk about achievements being broken. Kind of annoying.

Something wonky is going on with sims. Starters as of the 2PM sim don’t appear to be losing much, if any stamina.

West Side had an excellent draft, picking up their #1 and #3 ranked players with the 14th and 18th selections.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrm3888 View Post
    West Side had an excellent draft, picking up their #1 and #3 ranked players with the 14th and 18th selections.
    I kind of expected to end up with Cozart at #13 until SS Peters inexplicably fell.

With my 2nd rounder added in, I'm up to 6 85+ DI guys in my low minors. Anyone want to trade me all their high DI guys so I can commit to breaking the BB record? haha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234