Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2099 PSFA draft- send lists by 3/20 or get skipped!

2099 PSFA draft- send lists by 3/20 or get skipped!

Here are the ground rules. Please reply here if you have ideas or questions. I am excited about this!

1. Each season at the flip, 24 new free agent will be created.

2. Each new free agent is subject to the International free agent draft.

3. The draft order will be as follows:
    A. Season 1, the order will be the natural draft order as dictated by the sim. Only exception is that the World Series winner is automatically moved to the 24th pick.
    B. Season 2 and beyond, the order is based on the previous seasons order, with those who made a pick moving to the back of the line. EX: if spots 1,2,6,7 make picks and all others pass, then the next season the order will be teams that passed at 3,4,5,8-24. then the teams that picked 1,2,6,7 will be reordered amongst themselves based on the new seasons natural draft order. The WS winner will again be moved to the 24th pick.

4. The draft will be by list/order/instructions only.
    A. Each team will have until the 3/20 sim to submit their list/order/instructions.
    B. Draft results will be published and players assigned AFTER 4/1, but before 4/15.
    C. Every teams instructions is defaulted to "PASS" or "No selection." You must submit a list or instructions if you want to make a pick.

5. Undrafted players are standard free agents on 4/16 and subject to standard in game bidding.

6. For now, you cannot trade international draft slots. You may trade drafted players once they are on your roster.

7. When players are assigned to your team you ARE allowed to go over the salary cap with the addition. So if you draft a $3.5m player and you are at 59.5m in team salary on 4/1, the player will still be assigned and you will be at $63m afterwards.

draft slot TEAM INST PICK OWNER
      PASSED LAST YEAR
    1 Albuquerque Lawyers PASS  SA16
    2 Barbarian Horde pass  bigdukesix
    3 Noll Nittany Lionspass  bartoloboi
    4 San Francisco Pharmaceuticalspass  perrycarter
    5 Renville Rum Runners pass  desertgopher
    6 Saint Croix Hamiltons pass  mlbsox
    7 Kalamazoo Knights pass  tychi88
    8 Chicago Lords listSeth Nick (LF) Hasun
    9 Cambridge Hawks listEdgar Maas (SS) makila
    10 Augusta Masters PASS  orangecat13748
    11 Montreal Red Birds pass  superbigred1960
    12 Charleston Griffins listJustin Henderson (SS) joeecc
    13 Ontario Ocelots listRobert Throckmorton (LF) Luke_T
    14 Old North Star State Fighting HeelslistBrandon Desantiago (3B)stampy19
    15 Cairo Bearingmakers pass  mattavnlk
    16 Ron Davis All-Stars listChristian Edinger (P) mntwinsfan1001
    17 Babylon Haruspex pass  V.I. Incandenza
      PICKED LAST YEAR, NATURAL ORDER   
    18 Charleton Dopplegangers listLarry Ramirez (P) TonyJalaPena
    19 Garden State Hoes pass Arizona Cats
    20 Glastonbury Wayward Sons list/pass  bigdbpimpin1
    21 Seattle Bandits listKurt Williams (CF) gbears877
    22 Sabermetric Sabercats pass  plebeisbol
    23 Gainesville Gators pass  trashman
      WS WINNER
    24 Roxborough Motormouthslist/pass  bobcat1018
    Last edited by bigdbpimpin1; September 16, 2020 at 11:47 AM.
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game *****es!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Re: 2099 PSFA draft- send lists by 3/20 or get skipped!

draft complete.

Feel free to direct sign you players. I will auto assign before 4/15.

Undrafted PSFA's cannot be bid on until 4/15 sim.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

I'll be waiting for Maas to be assigned to me. : p
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

One could argue that a team made solely of this PSFA Class would be highly competitive.

Crazy. I need pitching and Ramirez is really the only guy I wanted even though I put in several other names. I didn't think I had a shot. Hope he doesn't disappoint when I get him on the roster.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

So how does the positioning work? before winning the WS, I think I was moving into the top 10, in the event that I dont repeat where do I rank in this draft for next season?
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars
    ALTRTA- Roxborugh Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJalaPena View Post
    Crazy. I need pitching and Ramirez is really the only guy I wanted even though I put in several other names. I didn't think I had a shot. Hope he doesn't disappoint when I get him on the roster.
    I really wanted him, too, but I almost always go with best available player.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJalaPena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stampy19 View Post
    I really wanted him, too, but I almost always go with best available player.
    I need pitching as well. I ranked Ramirez higher than I should have. I really wanted Maas or Nick. After that I was starting to get desperate and really thinking about moving Ramirez up after them. I sent pimp multiple lists due to my indecisiveness. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    So how does the positioning work? before winning the WS, I think I was moving into the top 10, in the event that I dont repeat where do I rank in this draft for next season?
    I don't know exactly the order pimp does it in, basically this is what happens though:

1. WS automatically to #24, no matter what
    2. Using the previous seasons order, anyone who made a pick gets moved to the back.
    3. Anyone who didn't make a pick slides up in the order from the previous seasons psfa draft.
    4. Then the ones who picked are put in natural draft order.

So the ones that passed this season, will all move up like this (ASSUMING THEY DON'T WIN THE WS). Then those of us who did pick this year move to the back. The order for them will be determined by the natural draft order for next season. Whoever the WS winner is will move out of their spot and move down to 24. Hope that makes sense. Pimp correct me if I am wrong.

draft slot TEAM INST PICK OWNER
    PASSED LAST YEAR
    1 Albuquerque Lawyers PASS SA16
    2 Barbarian Horde pass bigdukesix
    3 Noll Nittany Lions pass bartoloboi
    4 San Francisco Pharmaceuticals pass perrycarter
    5 Renville Rum Runners pass desertgopher
    6 Saint Croix Hamiltons pass mlbsox
    7 Kalamazoo Knights pass tychi88
    8 Augusta Masters PASS orangecat13748
    9 Montreal Red Birds pass superbigred1960
    10 Cairo Bearingmakers pass mattavnlk
    11 Babylon Haruspex pass V.I. Incandenza
    12 Garden State Hoes pass Arizona Cats
    13 Glastonbury Wayward Sons list/pass bigdbpimpin1
    14 Sabermetric Sabercats pass plebeisbol
    15 Gainesville Gators pass trashman
    16 Roxborough Motormouths list/pass bobcat1018
    PICKED LAST YEAR, NATURAL ORDER
    WS WINNER
    tbd draft order Chicago Lords list Hasun
    tbd draft order Cambridge Hawks list makila
    tbd draft order Charleston Griffins list joeecc
    tbd draft order Ontario Ocelots list Luke_T
    tbd draft order Old North Star State Fighting Heels list stampy19
    tbd draft order Ron Davis All-Stars list mntwinsfan1001
    tbd draft order Charleton Dopplegangers list TonyJalaPena
    tbd draft order Seattle Bandits list gbears877
    Last edited by makila; September 16, 2020 at 09:29 PM.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

basically what mak said. WS trophy = you pick 24. it is an homage to the original lottery system this league had. Horesco started the league and wanted a flat weighted lottery. 23 teams in a lottery for the first 23 picks, your odds based on earned draft slot, and then a bunch of random PICK 4 lotteries used for random number generation. He ruled slot 24 was automatically for the WS winner. I used it in the PSFA lottery as a throwback, especially since we dumped the flat lottery for a wheel draft.

its a quirky rule for sure and you are not the first to get bitten by it. But I think everyone would agree that they would give up draft slotting for a trophy every time.

Simple Rules:

Yeah, i would hav given up brockhampton for one more win last year
    【=◈︿◈=】

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace

2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 8,035-6,518 (.552) ~ 8 WS
    2018: 6,226-5,522 (.530) ~ 7 WS
    2019: 3 WS, 2020: 1 WS

GOATLong Beach Losers(1994-)1997, 1998
    TCLVista Cruisers(2101-)2109, 2125, 2129
    EPSan Onofre(2002)2003, 2013
    BrockWashington Oranges(1986-) 
    ThrowBCalifornia(2013-2020,2045-)2018
    ALTRTAOntario Ocelots(2095-)2098
    LEG-2045, 2046, 2047, 2051, 2054
    CarL-2022, 2027, 2031, 2032