Thread: When

When

I took over the (now) Knight Mares about a hop, skip, and jump ago, there was a bunch of talent languishing in the low minors. I promoted and moved bodies in and out of the lineups until I felt comfortable with the team. I just realized that I only have 4 position players showing experience. 2 with 3 years and 2 with 2 years. The rest have a goose egg showing for experience. I do believe that experience wise, this is the youngest team I have ever had in CSFBL.

Pitching is a little different. I do have 4 pitchers with over 10 years service. Still work to do on the staff.

Though I will finish the season with a losing record, I feel some headway was made on the positive side.

Re: When

It's great you are upbeat about your squad...makes things fun!!

I play this game for fun. Like everybody else, I do enjoy winning. But I also have figured out (long time ago) that 8 go to the playoffs which leads to the ultimate winner. All else? Also rans.

I took over a team not knowing what to expect. I knew from day one that I was going to change the whole team. I was a little disappointed in the pitching. Read it wrong. But, the staff does get a shot in the arm next season from the lows.

If at first you don't succeed, eat some pizza. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kniman View Post
    I play this game for fun. Like everybody else, I do enjoy winning. But I also have figured out (long time ago) that 8 go to the playoffs which leads to the ultimate winner. All else? Also rans.

I took over a team not knowing what to expect. I knew from day one that I was going to change the whole team. I was a little disappointed in the pitching. Read it wrong. But, the staff does get a shot in the arm next season from the lows.

If at first you don't succeed, eat some pizza. Or something like that.

FYI..."BEER" goes with pizza real well!!!!

Really??

I'm afraid it would have to be root beer for me. I have not had an alcoholic drink pass my lips and down my throat in over 40 years. But I would gladly furnish you one and we could split a pizza of your choice.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by GB Ray View Post
    FYI..."BEER" goes with pizza real well!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kniman View Post
    Really??

I'm afraid it would have to be root beer for me. I have not had an alcoholic drink pass my lips and down my throat in over 40 years. But I would gladly furnish you one and we could split a pizza of your choice.
    Ray could make you one....
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars
    ALTRTA- Roxborugh Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    Ray could make you one....
    I know you heard...I am back until after the Christmas Holidays.