Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 154

Thread: 2065 Season

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    52,905

    Re: 2065 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    So, I was the one that recruited Jelly into the league...
    yea, you recruited jelly like Nick Saban recruits to Alabama.

    clone/saban: "Hey, why don't you come play in this league with me, 2/3 of the games as against terrible teams, so you'll win 80% of your games and the other 20% will matter but we'll be well rested for those. Speaking of those other 20%, there's AAuburn (zubaz) or Ol' Miss (Cher), you pick his school; and Texas Tech (can't beat the humans) and me ('Bama, titles claimed) and you get to be LSU because you are cool and LSU has a cool coach. then the other conference, which we don't have to worry about because we only play them once, is Florida and Florida (long ball), although jar is more UCF in that he's in the league but never has a chance to win anything. and Georgia (Perry is a town in GA) because he's always about as good as the winner, but somehow never gets there. and i guess boicey is Kentucky because , wait, is Vandy in the East too?, nah, too smart. Kentucky. Because he's a baller. No, Kentucky because, what is a gentler word for sucks ***.... Historical ineptitude. Has one memorable victory in the last 30 years. Actually, boicey wins plenty, but has no tank in here to run up the win totals down the road. Are there tanks in Kentucky? This was a convincing argument for Kentucky. Maybe Missouri was a better choice; really West but in East, was better before they joined the league, cannon fodder like KY but without basketball history. Merge Mistucky and Kensouri. Nah, that would be if Ken was in the league.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wayne, PA
    Posts
    25,879

    Re: 2065 Season

    It's now guaranteed that either Perry or Jelly will join JL and Clone in this exclusive league's champions league.

    BTW, it's not Missouri; Ii's MIZZOU!
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)


    23/58 in World Series

  3. #133
    Brilliant analogy. I am Texas Tech now. At least I am not Vandy.




    Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    yea, you recruited jelly like Nick Saban recruits to Alabama.

    clone/saban: "Hey, why don't you come play in this league with me, 2/3 of the games as against terrible teams, so you'll win 80% of your games and the other 20% will matter but we'll be well rested for those. Speaking of those other 20%, there's AAuburn (zubaz) or Ol' Miss (Cher), you pick his school; and Texas Tech (can't beat the humans) and me ('Bama, titles claimed) and you get to be LSU because you are cool and LSU has a cool coach. then the other conference, which we don't have to worry about because we only play them once, is Florida and Florida (long ball), although jar is more UCF in that he's in the league but never has a chance to win anything. and Georgia (Perry is a town in GA) because he's always about as good as the winner, but somehow never gets there. and i guess boicey is Kentucky because , wait, is Vandy in the East too?, nah, too smart. Kentucky. Because he's a baller. No, Kentucky because, what is a gentler word for sucks ***.... Historical ineptitude. Has one memorable victory in the last 30 years. Actually, boicey wins plenty, but has no tank in here to run up the win totals down the road. Are there tanks in Kentucky? This was a convincing argument for Kentucky. Maybe Missouri was a better choice; really West but in East, was better before they joined the league, cannon fodder like KY but without basketball history. Merge Mistucky and Kensouri. Nah, that would be if Ken was in the league.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    40,772
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    So, I was the one that recruited Jelly into the league, I consider this to kind of be like an Amway system, and I'm going to count his series victory as my series victory. I specifically requested that he not sweep me in the playoffs upon joining the league, but I think the resentment that was built up by us calling him a **** every two hours for hanging out with his family during the draft really changes a guy. He was the only human to beat me in the series this season so I was particularly worried coming into it, but you know, I thought I had a chance to win one game.

    Congrats man, enjoy your late birthday present.
    Thank you. I am now an adult male. Series should have been closer. These teams are all so evenly matched. Great job making me hate Maximo Volpe, world-class puss-job.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., ‘83, ‘84. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    40,772
    Quote Originally Posted by perrycarter View Post
    Jar easily handled my team in the regular season going 7-2 against us. I pulled a Boicey on him.

    For the other series, I think clone is a good guy, but holy cow if he had gone 3/3 winning WS I think I would have started strongly disliking him out of jealousy.

    I'm coming for you Jelly!
    I take on all comers and *** on all takers. Monaco up 2-1 in three very close games. We’ve scored 8 total runs against Perry’s 6, and we needed runs in the 9th and 11th to win game 1. Series still up for grabs.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., ‘83, ‘84. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    40,772

    Re: 2065 Season

    Another close game at noon. Monaco takes a 3-1 lead in the series, but it could just as easily be 2-2 or 3-1 the other way.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., ‘83, ‘84. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

  7. #137

    Re: 2065 Season

    Congrats Jelly! 17Ks for Owens in the closeout game. Not much I could do there.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wayne, PA
    Posts
    25,879

    Re: 2065 Season

    Congrats to Jelly on the 2065 Re-Draft Money League title!

    Make year #5 will be the breakthrough, Perry.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)


    23/58 in World Series

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    40,772
    Quote Originally Posted by perrycarter View Post
    Congrats Jelly! 17Ks for Owens in the closeout game. Not much I could do there.
    Thanks! Great format. Good season, all. My team sucked as individuals, so don’t draft them.

    Can we pick the draft order now so that it’s not a wild surprise when we’re starting on Labor Day weekend?
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., ‘83, ‘84. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

  10. #140

    Re: 2065 Season

    Congratulations Jelly! Fantastic first season! Perry is now officially the Buffalo Bills of the RDML!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •