Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2077 LEG Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Newtz View Post
    Not gonna lie.... I'm estatic to get CF Andrew Anderson in the second round. Likely will be moved to catcher due to his zero range and decent enough arm
    I almost drafted him in the 1st round, but I hate mendoza line batters. Real nice pick nevertheless in the 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by tander28 View Post
    Really pleased with my haul as well. The reveal was solid all around, but getting a 48/99/80/64 big four potential SP at 17 is a steal. The EN was the question mark and came in at a passable 54.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    I really liked your draft class. I was hoping Brunswick would fall to me. Way to trade into that slot. I thought you had the best over all 1st Round!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdbpimpin1 View Post
    I didnt have a pick until 47 and still nabbed a possible starter: Kyle Marshall scouting shows: 84di, 71ba, 63sp, 60ra with a +6 split.
    I was very surprised you didn't trade up into the 1st round of this draft? Pimp, you're usually on top of that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by orlando17; September 5, 2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orlando17 View Post
    I was very surprised you didn't trade up into the 1st round of this draft? Pimp, you're usually on top of that kind of stuff.
    I tried but not enough free time to really press. bad part is i traded 2 first round picks in preseason.
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game *****es!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Re: 2077 LEG Draft

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Is there any possibility that the stock for the draft was improved across the site?

I really liked your draft class. I was hoping Brunswick would fall to me. Way to trade into that slot. I thought you had the best over all 1st Round!
    Thanks! I was iffy on the deal to get into that slot because my pick was sitting 13 or so next year, but I've been on a tear since and may actually promote Brunswick this year.
    XB TriStars (2049-) Div: 17, Conf: 8, WS: 1
    2ML Colonels (1963-) Div: 8, Conf: 3, WS: 3
    LEG Blues (2036-) Div: 11, Conf: 7, WS: 3
    BD Wildcats (2048-) Div: 15, Conf: 11, WS: 6
    CarL Carousers (2031-) Div: 11, Conf: 7, WS: 4
    TDD Kaws (2103-) Div: 8, Conf: 6, WS: 3
    Brockmire Monarchs (1981-) Div: 6, Conf: 3, WS: 2
    TCL Tramcars (2122-)
    KBL Smokers (2042-)
    Past teams in WS: 7-13

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    South Bend hopes that it has fixed one oddity with the draft: Two of its top three hitters this season so far have been its SS and 2B. With an amazing hitter taken in the first round, this certainly will not be the case next season.

At least I hope he is as good as my 1 scouting says he is lol. I really needed pitching, but when I had the chance to grab him I sold my soul to jump up to #2 overall to grab him:

https://www.csfbl.com/player/4912775/view

I might bring him up for the second half of the season, depending on whether I think we can possibly grab a playoff spot.
    I finally decided to bring him up, in an effort to get past Bashville and get into the playoffs this season. He's so far gone 1 for 13, so he's on a real short leash and might sit in AAA the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I finally decided to bring him up, in an effort to get past Bashville and get into the playoffs this season. He's so far gone 1 for 13, so he's on a real short leash and might sit in AAA the rest of the season.
    Dont let him go over 130 AB'S. Keep him at rookie status, and put him in AAA for the flip

Dont let him go over 130 AB'S. Keep him at rookie status, and put him in AAA for the flip
    I am keeping him under the 35 PA limit for AAA bonus... he's already back in AAA.

It's like the team took second place despite having him play several games, rather than because of it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Im late to the discussion, I like my pick at #12 when I had pick 2 and was a little surprised I was still able to get him at the bottom of block 2.

Bob McMullen will be a nice 1-2 punch with last season's 1st overall pick Ryan Hazard. Neither 18 YO has great EN but their other attributes should make them both good starters.

In round 2 with our pick we ended up with a SS that will move to another position and should hit a bit and steal some bases. https://www.csfbl.com/player/4912764/view

with South Bend's 2nd rounder we got a LHH platoon OF who also has some wheels https://www.csfbl.com/player/4912805/view

then there is the 1st rounder next season which should be middle of the pack
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars
    ALTRTA- Roxborugh Rampage

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345