Thread: My Last Season in IBA - Soft salary cap is lame

My Last Season in IBA - Soft salary cap is lame

I've brought it up before. The idea of a soft salary cap is just another way of gaming the system - like steroids or stealing signs. Right now, looking at the financials for the league, 10 of the 24 teams are over the $60 million salary cap. Quite frankly, f@*k that. Unless we vote to up the cap or hold players accountable, this will be my last season here. I am damn happy with what I've accomplished - and never once crossed the salary cap line. Hell, we barely even enforce the 55 win rule - which my team probably won't make. Good luck with the rest of the season and IBA going forward - but I won't be recommending the league to anyone.

Re: My Last Season in IBA - Soft salary cap is lame

Cool man, I hope you find some leagues that are more your style. As far as I can see, there is no shortage that play the way you like. Enough so that I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to insult people on your way out rather than just pursue something you'd enjoy.

I'd mention that a key difference between this league and the examples you mentioned is that every single team gets to do the same thing, and there is no team using a system every other team can't to enjoy an unfair advantage, but I assume you don't care about that at this point.

I guess I'll always have you trading me the draft pick that netted a soon to be 3 Time MVP and Gold Glove winner for a guy who averaged 14 wins a year for you. But hey, it's the salary cap.
    Last edited by eagriffin; August 5, 2020 at 02:12 AM.

Bang, bang.... off-speed pitch.
    Bang bang bang... fastball.

Sir, you must tell me the Institute where you are a Professor of Astrophysics. A man of your intelligence cannot be forgotten lightly.

I've got to start reading the forum more frequently.