20Carolina CruisersP Oscar Tomorio 
    21Murrieta mayhemLF Roland Becker 
     Block 8-Due 08/07 4 pm AZ time  
    22Flagstaff Giants2B Jeffry Marquez 
    23Frankfurt EaglesC Steven Freund 
    24Shadesmar SprenP Charles Ford 
    Last edited by joebaseball; August 7, 2020 at 12:40 PM. Reason: update

Re: 2071 Draft

...Ok, here's the layout for the 2071 draft table. I'd like to start it up Friday, July 31st. We'll go with the same format as last season, 1 live round, 3 teams per block. I hope this is ok with everyone, post feedback if it is not, but the only way I could justify a live 2nd round is with 100 % owner participation...

joebaseball

Quote Originally Posted by joebaseball View Post
    ...Ok, here's the layout for the 2071 draft table. I'd like to start it up Friday, July 31st. We'll go with the same format as last season, 1 live round, 3 teams per block. I hope this is ok with everyone, post feedback if it is not, but the only way I could justify a live 2nd round is with 100 % owner participation...

joebaseball
    With only 7 owners, I can't see going to the trouble of doing a 2nd round. Appreciate everything you're doing to keep the league afloat.

(Edited after clarification of above message)...
    ... It would take 100% participation by the owners for me to do a 2nd round, after the 2069 debacle. Its not the numbers, but how few owners actually submitted a 2nd rounder list that season, despite extensions on their clock deadline. I'd like to see us grow and have a full draft again, but its all I can do to keep it going right now. Thanks for your understanding. If enough owners pledge to actually get a list in, I'd consider it.

joebaseball
    Last edited by joebaseball; July 30, 2020 at 12:12 AM.

This is a great format....one live round 3to a block I believe elimination of 2nd round makes it a better draft and league

Quote Originally Posted by Haywaters View Post
    This is a great format....one live round 3to a block I believe elimination of 2nd round makes it a better draft and league
    ...It was a good idea, with 3 per block... spreads things out a bit, so thanks for that, Haywaters, and thanks for chipping in on the 2nd round status as well...

I think the first seven picks are AUTO do fill them and maybe we can make it go fast

I think the first seven picks are AUTO do fill them and maybe we can make it go fast
    ..Actually the first 11 picks are auto... I planned to fill the picks in as scheduled. (its easy enough for any owner to figure out those 11 picks and adjust their picks in a list accordingly, but I am posting those picks below for your convenience). It really seemed to throw off the pacing when I filled them in completely the last two seasons. If I fill them in now, then owners have be aware of and adjust to the new draft schedule I'd then have to post. I'd rather not change the due dates as they stand, although if the lower numbered owners want to submit lists early, then I can adjust it then, provided this does not lead to conflicts. I kinda want to take a normal pace, and enjoy this draft, which didn't really happen the last two seasons. I also don't want to get rushed and make errors, I already messed up once in this draft thread, don't want to stress out again. Please bear with me on this...
    ...Here's the first 11, in case anyone really needs them:...They'll be posted officially 3 a day, just like in a real draft, this is a courtesy posting, to save owners time:

1. LF Larry Evans...Lake Erie Monsters
    2. P Daniel Kruse...Dublin Green Sox
    3. LF Wayne Parson...Solingen Explorers
    4. SS Jeffry Karr...Barrowland Dominators
    5. P Joe Valencia... Dayton Thunderbolts
    6. CF Kerry Gil...Graterford Growlers
    7. RF Albert Tran...OC Waves
    8. P Edward Gray...Calgary Iceballs
    9. P Daniel Silva...Pocket Snowmen
    10. P Joseph Robichaux...Richmond Roadrunners
    11. P Gino Smith...Groom Lake Engineers

Do we have 7 owners? I see pocket listed as owned...

Do we have 7 owners? I see pocket listed as owned...
    Doaf (pocket snowmen) hasn't been around since January and there may have been some kind of medical issue involved, not completely sure. JoeB reinstated him as owner as a show of respect and in case he should decide to come back. The 2/day leagues seem to be falling by the wayside and most of us really hate to see this league disappear. We should probably have a separate thread discussing how to address the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast