Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Activity check Q AWOL

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, California
    Posts
    5,851

    Activity check Q AWOL

    After completing an activity check, All teams are active except two...

    Q's Frontenacs, which are playing very very well...hasn't logged in a month!

    Jomby, and the CC Crawfish Boils haven't logged in since 7/6/20

    (Jomby sometimes does this, but- Q was real active and now nothing...)

    I will send him a pm or email if he doesn't log in , Dunedin Bluejays , do you know anything about
    where Q is? He is your friend from Canada , right? If we play through the playoffs without him
    logging in...will look to replace his team. Q , had some entertaining posts about minor league parks
    and seemed like a great guy to have on the lawn. Hope we get an answer and everything is okay in
    real life with him.

    Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Whitfield View Post
    After completing an activity check, All teams are active except two...

    Q's Frontenacs, which are playing very very well...hasn't logged in a month!

    Jomby, and the CC Crawfish Boils haven't logged in since 7/6/20

    (Jomby sometimes does this, but- Q was real active and now nothing...)

    I will send him a pm or email if he doesn't log in , Dunedin Bluejays , do you know anything about
    where Q is? He is your friend from Canada , right? If we play through the playoffs without him
    logging in...will look to replace his team. Q , had some entertaining posts about minor league parks
    and seemed like a great guy to have on the lawn. Hope we get an answer and everything is okay in
    real life with him.

    Whit-
    Not specific to Q but just a thought, it might be worthwhile to do a "check in" post every season just to verify which owners are active. We use to do a check in in "Long Ball," owners who didn't check in were automatically set to autopick by default for the draft. It helped speed up the draft a bit because we weren't stuck waiting 24 hours for an owner to make their pick only to find they've gone AWOL.

    Maybe do a poll after each flip gauging how active everyone is. Don't want to force anyone to be super active, this is Lawn Chair afterall, but perhaps regular check ins will keep owners somewhat more engaged.
    Last edited by BakoSLO; July 25, 2020 at 01:24 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, California
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Activity check Q AWOL

    Quote Originally Posted by BakoSLO View Post
    Not specific to Q but just a thought, it might be worthwhile to do a "check in" post every season just to verify which owners are active. We use to do a check in in "Long Ball," owners who didn't check in were automatically set to autopick by default for the draft. It helped speed up the draft a bit because we weren't stuck waiting 24 hours for an owner to make their pick only to find they've gone AWOL.

    Maybe do a poll after each flip gauging how active everyone is. Don't want to force anyone to be super active, this is Lawn Chair afterall, but perhaps regular check ins will keep owners somewhat more engaged.
    I like this ideal. Agree with the super active part, as this is a relaxed league... Will do this... After the flip, I'll post a poll/check in thread. Anyone that doesn't respond by draft day (1st pick) will be considered to have gone AWOL and will be set as an AUTOPICK, until they chime in that they are indeed alive to drafting in the upcoming draft.

    If starwalker signs off on this as well , that is... he is afterall the draftmaster , so will see what he thinks before actually implementing this new ideal.

    Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bunch, Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,271

    Re: Activity check Q AWOL

    The last few years, our draft has ended long before the deadline, but it would be nice if I knew if someone wasn't going to be active in the draft. Sometimes the 1st round drags.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

    Darrel
    Oklahoma

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, California
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Activity check Q AWOL

    Quote Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
    The last few years, our draft has ended long before the deadline, but it would be nice if I knew if someone wasn't going to be active in the draft. Sometimes the 1st round drags.

    This will make the draft more enjoyable , plus a check-in , ain't gonna hurt anything. Think I'll amend / bend the rulebook with a mandatory check-in before the draft in an annual "check-in" thread. I believe the rulebook states something to that effect anyhow....like, all owners are expected to be active- something to that effect. I'm gonna head on over and make a slight adjustment to the R-Book. Stating ...over there that owners are expected to check-in in the Draft RollCall Thread, or be put on Auto-Pick until they post their "PRESENT/HERE" for the upcoming draft.

    Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Whitfield View Post

    This will make the draft more enjoyable , plus a check-in , ain't gonna hurt anything. Think I'll amend / bend the rulebook with a mandatory check-in before the draft in an annual "check-in" thread. I believe the rulebook states something to that effect anyhow....like, all owners are expected to be active- something to that effect. I'm gonna head on over and make a slight adjustment to the R-Book. Stating ...over there that owners are expected to check-in in the Draft RollCall Thread, or be put on Auto-Pick until they post their "PRESENT/HERE" for the upcoming draft.

    Whit-
    Sounds like a plan. Do not think a check in is out of line and not very strenuous or taxing to the noggin.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bunch, Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,271

    Re: Activity check Q AWOL

    I will check the list before the draft starts, say around May 1, and mark those as "auto" who haven't checked in.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

    Darrel
    Oklahoma

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, California
    Posts
    5,851

    Thumbs up Re: Activity check Q AWOL

    Quote Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
    I will check the list before the draft starts, say around May 1, and mark those as "auto" who haven't checked in.
    I like this exercise going forward. Really good ideal, I think the draft will be so much more enjoyable - crisp w/o so many 24 hour waits. Clean and crisp and
    knowing going in who's already sleeping we have them already set on auto, which will be great. Draft won't be so drawn out- I know we seem to always get through, but this should help shorten the draft by days in real calendar time.

    Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, California
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Activity check Q AWOL

    Quote Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
    I will check the list before the draft starts, say around May 1, and mark those as "auto" who haven't checked in.

    Star, I'll leave it up to you to post the check -in thread, since the draft is your baby!
    Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •