Thread: Future of PCL drafts

Future of PCL drafts

Hi everyone,

Those of you actively participating in the forum drafts recently will have noticed I've been struggling a bit, having to slow down/pause the league to get them finished and even missing one draft day and having to manually reassign the correct players. I'm finding it difficult to juggle the CSFBL responsibilities I have, as well as RL workloads.

Given there's relatively few active participants in this league, and the draft itself, I'm going to have to step back a bit from the draft - it's pretty depressing putting time in on days when there isn't a single person making a pick... That said, this is my oldest league and so in some way my fondest, and as we're already struggling a bit for owners, losing the draft would probably be the death knell. So here's the alternatives:

1. One (or more) volunteers help with the draft. I don't mind committing to running the draft every other season - that means with one volunteer, they'd only have to run a draft every other season. If two people step forward, then each would have to run a draft only every six seasons: me-volunteer1-me-volunteer2-me-volunteer1... Pro: this would allow us to keep the full draft running; con: needs other people to step forward.

2. We drop down to just first round live draft - there is always a drop-off in participation in round 2, and the quality - particularly towards the end of round 2 - means there's not a whole lot you're missing by just setting some preferences in your draft lists. Pro: we still get a solid round 1 of the draft; con: no round 2

3. We move to 8-block teams for the draft. This would mean keeping both rounds, but increasing each block size to 8 from 6 meaning we get through the draft a bit faster. Pro: we keep two rounds; con: bigger blocks mean longer draft lists, and it's the shortest reduction of time/effort for me, but if people are keen then I'm willing to try this.

Please let me know how you feel -I suppose the amount of response I get to this forum will give some indication of how the league in general is feeling/paying attention...
    MLB ReMake: Seattle Mariners (2121)
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Las Flores Turanza
    Negro League Tribute: Kansas City Monarchs (2005, 2020, 2021, 2031)
    Pacific Coast League: Spokane Indians (1961, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1977,1978, 1982)

Previous teams:

Red Hot Prospects: Palapye Power (1982)
    Blue Chip Baseball: Serowe Rhinos (1990, 1991, 1998)
    Knights of CSFBL: Tatooine Womp Rats (2082, 2084)
    CSFBL Justice: Palapye Miners (2110)
    World League: Seibu Lions (2101, 2114, 2115, 2116, 2118)
    Caribbean League: Havana Jonron (2045)
    Beta: BIUST Buffaloes (2096)
    Cooperstown's Finest: Guildford Mavericks (2011)
    Earth Baseball: Palapye Swallows
    MLB Remake - Baltimore Orioles
    Psi Phi: Bedford Blues
    MLB ReMake - AA: Corpus Christi Hooks
    Sons of Ivy 3: Palapye Impala
    League of Legends: Ashtead Aardvarks
    MLB ReMake - AAA: Durham Bulls (2097)
    GOAT 2, 3 & 4: Palapye Power

Re: Future of PCL drafts

Pedro,
    Thanks for doing yeoman work with the draft. I, myself would be fine with not having a live draft as I am finding time in short supply in these crazy days. I also hope the league revives and gets stronger, but with too many distractions it may be a long shot.

Re: Future of PCL drafts

I could run or help with some drafts