Thread: 2017 Season Thread

2017 Season Thread

Everyone is cap compliant! Thanks to all for that and good luck on the season.

Re: 2017 Season Thread

Finally, the season is here. What a long & boring pre-season. My whole preseason was picking up 2 free agent bullpen arms (extremely minor upgrade) and calling up Jerry Barry to DH against lefties. Otherwise, all the same as last year. Fortunately, most of my veterans aged gracefully over the offseason, so we should be right in it again. So I am just ready to get back at it.

Cheers,
    Wayne
    Leagues
    MONEYBALL: Star City Cosmonauts
    Negro League Tribute: Newark Eagles
    Lawn Chair: Tiki Torches
    Pacific Coast League: Arkansas Travelers
    Peter Gammons Memorial: Monty Burns' Ringers
    Spring Training: West Plano Nutrie
    Beer League: Shiner Boocks
    MLB NewSchool: Texas Rangers
    GOAT: Ranger Danger
    MLB Str8 8s: Clevelnad Indians
    MLB ReMake AAA: Salt Lake City Bees

Despite the high cost of living, it remains quite popular.

2016 didn't go as expected for Quilmes but we did show some improvement. We improved by six wins but more importantly turned a league worse -164 run differential into an above average +16. Some seriously poor pitching by the bullpen hurt us but we think we've made some changed to get even better this year. Number 1 overall pick Paul Kilmer has immediately slotted in as our ace and should be able to toss a bunch of strong CGs. We made a trade for Adam Sanders to help improve our defense all across the diamond. And we've called up our top hitting prospect Thomas Robinson, a strong defensive 3B who immediately slots in as our regular cleanup hitter. The division is still tough but we're hoping to be competitive and make a run for the playoffs and we have the 4th overall pick in this years draft to hopefully pick up another key piece to help out this year or next. Due to the addition of several power hitters and loss of some power pitchers the front office has decided to move in the fences significantly in LF and slightly in RF to try and play to our teams strengths better than before.

The Assassin's have revamped their roster this season. Changing its 2B, SS, 3B,C, and CF. I truly believe we can complete for another playoff spot in a tough division.
    Nearing the end of this sprint, we have not had a first round pick yet, and it's starting to get evident and managing a little more creative to stay competitive

Unless I’m a blind person, it doesn’t appear there is a draft thread set up yet. I’ll be spotty the next couple of days, so once it’s set up, I’ll take 1B Michael Gross. Don’t want to hold up the draft if I don’t have to.

I was hoping for a ready ace I could plug into the 4 man immediately, but I’ll have to settle for a DH. I certainly need more offense, so that’ll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbacksfan72 View Post
    Unless I’m a blind person, it doesn’t appear there is a draft thread set up yet. I’ll be spotty the next couple of days, so once it’s set up, I’ll take 1B Michael Gross. Don’t want to hold up the draft if I don’t have to.

I was hoping for a ready ace I could plug into the 4 man immediately, but I’ll have to settle for a DH. I certainly need more offense, so that’ll work.
    Noted and thanks. The board will go up later today but I'm in no rush. It isn't a very strong draft and I don't see many people that can make an impact before the sprint ends.