Thread: Ramsey's Landing and a reality

Ramsey's Landing and a reality

Such a place exists in the real world. If anything is real any more. About 20 miles north of where I now live, back off the highway on a narrow country road, is a few homes and a bar/restaurant sitting on the bank of the Kankakee River. Famous for seafood. Used to be affordable. I ate many meals there and was a place my wife and I frequented when we first got married. So I decided to build a stadium there and moved the River Rats there. Me and the team can always get some tractor inner tubes and float the river...and that would be atotally different story about my adventurous youth.

Re: Ramsey's Landing and a reality

I love it. Bunch, by the way, is also a real place in Oklahoma, but we have no attractions except for watching the Kansas City Southern Railroad's trains.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma

I grew up in a small town named Kniman...have you ever seen the name before? Small town about 20 homes, two grocery stores (both had gas pumps, fresh produce, and a deli/small meat counter), general store, barber shop (no Floyd, but a Grover), school, church, and a smorgas of young ladies. Oh and the almost world famous Kniman Tap...cold beer, hot beef sandwiches, and the 9 o'clock fight. Now all is left are the homes, church, and bar. Progress, my keester!

Just homes, 2 churches, and a post office at Bunch. The store went out of business a number of years ago, the school has always been 2 miles up the road. Sadly, Wal-Mart is the closest store and gas anymore
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma

Nice thing about small towns is that everyone knew everyone. Could actually get a lunch meat sandwich made fresh at either store, cold pop, and a bag of chips for a quarter. Men would play baseball with the kids in the evening. Moms would give out fresh baked goods for snack time. Life is (was?) Great in a small rural setting.