Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protest - lets be civil with each other

Protest - lets be civil with each other

Just curious, anyone have the protest over the past handful of days/week breaking out in metros by them? Any safety issues for anyone? I know we've got a few owners in twin city area.

We had a mostly peaceful one last night in okc. Started around 7:30pm. Police arrested some (dozenish) clearing an intersection shortly after it started. Then they marched through parts of the city on main city roads (with police blocking traffic as they went) for a couple hours without any incidents. Around 11pm it ended up at the okcpd HQ downtown and the OK county sheriff's jail around the corner from okcpd hq. the little bit of violence/vandalism that occurred was as it moved to the police station. handful of business with windows broken out, couple fires set, one paddy wagon van was set on fire that was blocking the entrance to jail lot, cause wasn't clear (no videos have surfaced of it starting yet). tear gas, flash bangs, and rubber bullets used once they started breaking police car windows around the police station. went back and forth for a couple hours before crowd finally dispersed. no physical confrontations between pd and protesters at that point. All within a mile of where our niece lives in the city.

Another one planned this afternoon in another part of the city.
    Last edited by makila; May 31, 2020 at 02:29 PM.

Re: Protest - lets not go political

No protests in the villages that I know of

Los Angeles is enforcing curfew from 8 pm to 530 am. I have thoughts that will go political

The Orange Circle/Historical District has had protests against quarantine and police brutality.

Cant forget about Huntington Beach. There shall be hell to pay if surfers dont get their water. Also, that city has historical roots tied to political things

Edit: i am at least 20 min north/east of all of this, none of it impedes my quarantine/work life. Still just waiting on sports and concerts. Some bars in fullerton are open again tho
    Last edited by Luke_T; May 31, 2020 at 02:53 PM.
    【=◈︿◈=】

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace

2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 8,035-6,518 (.552) ~ 8 WS
    2018: 6,226-5,522 (.530) ~ 7 WS
    2019: 3 WS

GOATLong Beach Losers(1994-)1997, 1998
    TCLVista Cruisers(2101-)2109, 2125
    EPSan Onofre(2002)2003
    BrockToronto Marlies(1986-) 
    ThrowBCalifornia(2013-2020,2045-)2018
    BlitzTustin Pterodactyls(1997-)1998
    LEG-2045, 2046, 2047, 2051, 2054
    CarL-2022, 2027, 2031, 2032
    WBC-1925, 1928, 1930, 1937, 1949, 1955
    Dodgers-1953, 1955, 1966
    TML-1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1983, 1984
    Sweet-1886, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1897, 1898, 1900
    TDD-2106, 2107
    AA-2100
    CBF-2132
    TP-1983
    BD-2038
    AAA-2101

Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    No protests in the villages that I know of
    I imagine there would be hell to pay if the pickleball courts get tied up in protesting. Are the courts open?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_T View Post
    Los Angeles is enforcing curfew from 8 pm to 530 am. I have thoughts that will go political

The Orange Circle/Historical District has had protests against quarantine and police brutality.

Cant forget about Huntington Beach. There shall be hell to pay if surfers dont get their water. Also, that city has historical roots tied to political things

Edit: i am at least 20 min north/east of all of this, none of it impedes my quarantine/work life. Still just waiting on sports and concerts. Some bars in fullerton are open again tho
    I was wondering how close it was to you. I am so ready for concerts. And sports of course.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Nothing major up here (so far...), but it's a tinder box right now:

1. Huge amount of people are unemployed and running out of money. A number of states have not suspended evictions which will start tomorrow. Bored, restless, and angry people are a bad combo.
    2. Coronavirus has shut down a lot of entertainment options.
    3. President not saying anything to calm people down.
    4. Police in some places are very standoff-ish and promoting the Us. vs. Them problem.

I would not surprised if this erupts in the next week.
    Chi Beta Federation - Boston Revolutionaries / Boston Molasses Rebels
    Owner: 1996 - ??? (2005-2020; 15 real years)

27 World Series Wins
    34 League Championships
    49 Division Championships

Nothing major in north Hollywood. Buddy of mine Francis Cronin has been driving through protests in LA talking to people while they're rioting. Irish comics sincerely don't care.

It's a very privileged spot to be in, it feels gross sitting and watching my city burn from the relative comfort of my couch with my dogs. It's all surreal and dissociative which is a large part of the problem. Protesting at this point isn't relaying any message other than fury. People are being killed. Fury is the natural response. So staying home is smart but feels the most cowardly. Giving money seems insanely stupid. Pay a system to release people on bail they can't justify holding anyway? Im just rambling now.

Also, I honestly think it should get political here. Some folks should be given the slack to out themselves for what they are.
    Ok

Two people in Florida fled the planet to get away from this month.
    DURHAM MATH/AFTERMATH - TCL
    86 88 93 94 96 97 00 02 04 11 12 13 53

Cleveland got a little messed up the other day. People got tear gassed. Police were shooting bean bags. Cars got flipped. Lots of broken windows and vandalism. A lot of random restaurants and businesses vandalized. Indians team shop broken into. Police HQ downtown vandalized with broken windows and graffiti. Two cop cars set on fire. Curfew in effect and national guard was mobilized. Same in Columbus and Cincinnati. Canton had some protests that got broken up pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    So I was screwed.. so yes.. i did.. whatever. I bend down, hands behind my back.. and kissed a boy

The curfew went into effect at 7 p.m. and was set to last until 6 a.m. for parts of the city, including downtown Dallas, the Cedars, Deep Ellum, Uptown and Victory Park.

Mayor Eric Johnson said most of the nearly 90 people who were arrested Saturday night were not from the city.
    PsiTclCarLYardMBLawn

Nashville started to get stormy on Saturday evening. I didn't hear about much Sunday.

Saturday, after the peaceful protest ended, some bad eggs tried to start a small riot. They attacked and tried to burn down the City Hall/Court building (one guy was arrested later) and wound up going down to Broadway (where all the expensive touristy stuff is) and started breaking into businesses and looting.

There was a small altercation around the court house, and later they did use tear gas to start dispersing the crowd there. They finally set a 10pm curfew which seemed to settle things down.

A woman apparently set herself on fire in front of the Court House yesterday, so there's that.

My town (which is about 30 miles outside of Nashville) imposed a curfew yesterday as well, and had people at the police station after the threats of the violence moving out of the cities. We're right off I-24, and one of the few cities with an exit right off the highway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathema View Post
    ...if you want to engage in logical debates, CSFBL is completely the wrong place.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast