Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1957 season discussion.

Re: 1957 season discussion.

My Phillippines team is 2nd in league in runs scored but 2nd worst in runs against. I am 72-81 though with a +8, if I can get the pitching figured out then maybe this team will stay in the division...if not they will surely be relagated to bottom tier.
    Chicago Cubs (MLB Str8 8's)
    Cleveland Indians (MLB Str8 8 Sweetness)
    Denver Elevation (Lawn Chair League)
    Los Angeles Angels (MLB Classic)
    Philippines Archipelagos (World Baseball Classic)

Israel wins game 162 and Venezuela loses game 162 allowing Israel to get the 2nd playoff spot in Almost Famous by virtue of division record. Now we get the chance to play rival Holland in the playoffs.

After dropping the first 2 games of the series in Holland, Israel has come back to take the 1st 2 games on their home turf to even up the series. So far, 3 of 4 games have gone to extra innings.

Israel takes games 3-6 to take the division title. Fittingly, game 6 went to extra innings.

Man, if we get swept by 85 win Israel, it will be such a bummer of a 100 win season. Nothing against them as they are certainly a better playoff team than regular season team, but are definitely not putting up the offensive numbers I would have expected from a very talented offensive team.
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

CWS:USC Trojans - 3 for 5 WS winners
    WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back to back promotions (3x), 0 relegations in 5 cycles
    GOAT 4: Twin Peaks Tatas

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    Serengeti Wildebeests (MONEYBALL)
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

Quote Originally Posted by AndreltonSimmons View Post
    Man, if we get swept by 85 win Israel, it will be such a bummer of a 100 win season. Nothing against them as they are certainly a better playoff team than regular season team, but are definitely not putting up the offensive numbers I would have expected from a very talented offensive team.
    Yeah, my team is definitely built better for the playoffs. Any time I can run Berry and Green out there 5 out of 7 games is a good thing. Heyward is no slouch either. I didn't use him in the rotation during the regular season because I ran a straight 4 man all regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnys View Post
    Yeah, my team is definitely built better for the playoffs. Any time I can run Berry and Green out there 5 out of 7 games is a good thing. Heyward is no slouch either. I didn't use him in the rotation during the regular season because I ran a straight 4 man all regular season.
    What a pitcher's duel in game 4. Berry and Laska both went 14 1 run innings, and it became a battle of the All Star closers. Unfortunately after two innings Hurst's juice ran out. Congrats Israel.
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

CWS:USC Trojans - 3 for 5 WS winners
    WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back to back promotions (3x), 0 relegations in 5 cycles
    GOAT 4: Twin Peaks Tatas

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    Serengeti Wildebeests (MONEYBALL)
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

After sneaking into the playoffs, Israel was able to carry momentum all the way through to winning the World Series. It was a hard fought series with Australia that went 7 games. Thankfully, in game 7 our offense woke up late in the game to give Mark Berry a 4 run cushion. He had not performed will in the WS, but, in the end he picked up the complete game win and Israel won the WS.

John Damico was the offensive MVP for the playoffs. He hit.324 with a .940 OPS. Scored 10, hit 3 HR's, and drove in 15.

On the pitching side, Samuel Green takes the MVP honors. In 5 starts he went 4-1 in 44 innings. He K'd 56, had 5 CG's, 4 QS, a ERA of 1.23 and a WHIP of 0.91.

This is Israels 1st WS win since 1953.

Congrats!

Congrats Israel!
    North Bay Marauders, Cardinal Fans
    WS Champs - 1981
    Holland Oranje, World Baseball Classic
    WS Champs - 1926, 1951
    St. Louis Stallions, Upper Tier
    WS Champs - 2061
    City Saviors, Bad News Baseball