Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk about toast

Re: Let's talk about toast

No such internal rating would be required... simple law of averages would create the randomness that exists based on the current simulation of each plate appearance.
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    Former Commissioner [MLB ReMake] (1970-1975, 1977-1979)
    Former Commissioner [AAA ReMake] (1990-2010)
    AA ReMake Committee Representative (2120-Present)
    Chicago White Sox [MLB ReMake] (1970-1987) WS: 3-3 (1971, 1972, 1973)
    Los Angeles Dodgers [MLB ReMake] (1988-1989)
    St. Louis Cardinals [MLB ReMake] (1990-1991)
    Rochester Red Wings [AAA ReMake] (1997-2010) WS: 1-0 (2003)
    Hartford Yard Goats [AA ReMake] (2119-Present)

Quote Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
    I have thought about toast recently and have had trouble understanding the purpose of it. If a pitcher has bad results in a game that shouldn't mean he will continue to have bad results in that game. As far as I can remember I don't think there's an RNG rating that will just say "bad game" is there? Because if that's the case why would I not just want it to be zero since my SP is almost surely better than my RPs and if he's not fatigued he will continue to pitch at his current ratings until he leaves the game due to fatigue? If, let's say, my pitcher is 90-90-90-90 and he gives up 5 runs in 2 innings I don't think that should mean he is expected to have a bad third inning and onwards since he would still be the same 90-90-90-90 guy at that point.
    This is just my opinion, but I do believe the game simulates a pitchers effectiveness for each sim, which can fluctuate from game to game. Based on the results I have seen, this is what I believe.

I believe this game is more complex than many give it credit for. A game that has been around 20+ years gives lots of time for these things to be implemented. It would surprise me if somewhere along the 20 years, something like this were not implemented. It also could have been implemented from game inception. An argument could be made that perhaps this is the very reason toast settings exist, but it's only a theory.

I also do believe that some players perform better in the playoffs, and/or clutch situations. I have no evidence, I'm just going off of my experience from years of playing this game. I believe players also can have an "off year", which could be determined at the flip, for example. We know that home/away is reflective of the stadium dimensions, but why would clutch or "close & late statistics" be a thought if there wasn't a hidden clutch rating? Why would hours be spent coding it into the game a tracking system for it if there is no actual clutch rating?

Speaking of clutch, you could draw parallels with other things in the game to open the idea that a internal Clutch rating could exist. Just look at the other internal rating(s), such as development.
    Last edited by KingRat; June 2, 2020 at 04:56 PM.

I'm so bored that I'm genuinely up for a conversation about toast. Like, the food. Oh, quarentine.
    8th Grade Baseball Fanatic

Or how Napolitano should be closing...?
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    Former Commissioner [MLB ReMake] (1970-1975, 1977-1979)
    Former Commissioner [AAA ReMake] (1990-2010)
    AA ReMake Committee Representative (2120-Present)
    Chicago White Sox [MLB ReMake] (1970-1987) WS: 3-3 (1971, 1972, 1973)
    Los Angeles Dodgers [MLB ReMake] (1988-1989)
    St. Louis Cardinals [MLB ReMake] (1990-1991)
    Rochester Red Wings [AAA ReMake] (1997-2010) WS: 1-0 (2003)
    Hartford Yard Goats [AA ReMake] (2119-Present)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12