Thread: Wall Street Wolves Unowned

Wall Street Wolves Unowned

The new owner of the WallStreet Wolves has decided to not only leave our League, but CSFBL all together based upon how he was treated by another owner in this league in a public forum. He was completely new to CSFBL and thought this was a mentor league...I myself am new at this game, and am especially new as a Commissioner. I almost stepped out and dropped my team before this years draft based upon messages and comments made to me about how things should be done, or why it is taking me so long to do things....this may be your entire life, and you may have been playing this game for years, but please be respectful to coaches, especially newer coaches who are just trying to learn the game you enjoy so much...

Quote Originally Posted by gnrsss2001 View Post
    The new owner of the WallStreet Wolves has decided to not only leave our League, but CSFBL all together based upon how he was treated by another owner in this league in a public forum. He was completely new to CSFBL and thought this was a mentor league...I myself am new at this game, and am especially new as a Commissioner. I almost stepped out and dropped my team before this years draft based upon messages and comments made to me about how things should be done, or why it is taking me so long to do things....this may be your entire life, and you may have been playing this game for years, but please be respectful to coaches, especially newer coaches who are just trying to learn the game you enjoy so much...
    Thank you for your work. It is very appreciated. I'm sorry that my comments had the effect of causing someone to leave, but the courtesy also goes both ways. There are many new owners who step up and ask questions, participate and are otherwise involved who are great and become fantastic owners and I'm proud to support people like that in a friendly way. But when you make all the effort to reach out to someone and get nothing back, it's just as frustrating as a comment on a forum. I've wanted to leave because of things like that more than once.
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

CWS:USC Trojans - 2 for 4 WS winners
    WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back to back promotions (3x), 0 relegations
    EP: Terramuggus Terracotta Terrapins
    GOAT 4: Twin Peaks Tatas

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    Serengeti Wildebeests (MONEYBALL)
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

Re: Wall Street Wolves Unowned

For the record, I reached out via PM to the dude apologizing for harsh comments, hoping we could move on and inviting him back. He replied that he's leaving, hope I'm happy. I'm moving on. I'll try to help recruit a better more responsible owner.

WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back to back promotions (3x), 0 relegations

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

Wow, I just completed a trade with him and had no problem with any messages.

why cant people handle this in private message, for me i really dont care if people write or dont write messages, blame the game if any, the proposee can include a message with the trade, but that feature isnt included when accepting or decllning so i care less, if peope write a drawn out detailed negotiation i usualky respond in writing, but if its someone just throws up a trade, i dont expect them to write or i write back either, i non prefer those anyways, they dont like it, try another offer, not everyone plays the game the same way or invest the same amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    why cant people handle this in private message, for me i really dont care if people write or dont write messages, blame the game if any, the proposee can include a message with the trade, but that feature isnt included when accepting or decllning so i care less, if peope write a drawn out detailed negotiation i usualky respond in writing, but if its someone just throws up a trade, i dont expect them to write or i write back either, i non prefer those anyways, they dont like it, try another offer, not everyone plays the game the same way or invest the same amount of time
    I agree. Didn't happen here.

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)