Thread: Anybody read?-

Anybody read?-

I have a discussion coffee drinkers group that tackles world problems, religion, medical problems, women problems, and a whole bunch of stuff that just tends to fill a void when looking for subject matter. Lately I have started reading books that I had not read for years. Such as Treasure Island, Moby ****, Time Machine, etc. So I was wondering if any of you read and what do you read. Also, when was the last time you read any of the old classics?
    BTW. My group practices social distancing. Spread apart. Some with masks. No handshakes. No touching anything but your own coffee cup.

Re: Anybody read?-

I've been read/listening to some old classic with my ten year old son. We just finished The hobbit and most likely will start on the Fellowship of the Ring.

At some time in the last two decades I've lost my taste for fiction and have been mostly reading non-fiction.

Last book was "The Wax Pack" Finished about a month ago. Interesting concept. Author tries to track down all the baseball players in a 1986 pack of Topps baseball cards.

last fiction book I finished was going back to the Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan books after not reading them for 20+ years. Finished Debt of Honor...and am stalled on the next one after about 3 chapters. Tend to read a lot of things, just not too many books.
    30 Championships
    Latest: Carolina Coastal Surge 2118

My last book was a scholarly biography of Benjamin Franklin. I'm now tackling some of my wife's mysteries with shades of romance and religion.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma