Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 2099 Playoffs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Novato, California
    Posts
    1,084

    2099 Playoffs

    Playoff time! Better late than never, here is a rundown of the playoff matchups:

    Jedi Knights Division:
    Millennium Falcons (89-71) vs. Hell's Kitchen Westies (88-72)
    Season series: Tied 7-7
    Composite score: Millennium Falcons, 68-64
    Series capsule: Only 1 game separated their overall record and the teams split the season series, so it should be a close playoff round! The Falcons are led on offense by SS Rodolfo Gallaegos (.346-44-138-1.077 OPS) and dangerous lead-off hitter DH Daniel Kroger (.358-32-96) and boasts a very effective bullpen. The Westies had four batters drive in at least 100 runs and had another stellar season from 2-time MVP C Chris Moore (.368-24-100-1.029 OPS) and a breakout season from SP Henry Lake (11-5, 2.81).

    Knight Rider Division:
    Green Bay Ray-K's (101-59) vs. Newcastle Brown Ale (99-61)
    Season series, Newcastle Brown Ale, 9-5
    Composite score: Newcastle Brown Ale, 83-74
    Series capsule: The Ray-K's had an exquisite run to end the season, overtaking the Brown Ales who had led for most of the year. Now they look to continue their recent success in a playoff series pitting two of the top three teams in wins. The Ray-K's free agent signings came up big, with newcomer CF Jacob Brown (.345-41-133-1.079 OPS) in the conversation for MVP and Rookie of the Year along with LF James Bray (.351-9-91) and C Frank Gardner (.296-28-118) joining veteran 1B Frank Burkett (.341-37-109-1.067 OPS) to form a potent offense to go along with a good pitching staff led by SP Kevin Bailey (20-6, 3.58). The Brown Ale counters with LF Jacob Pauline (.335-45-126-1.064 OPS), CF Christian Jones (.340-36-114-1.049 OPS) and reigning MVP 1B Scott Carruthers (.266-48-140) paired with four starting pitchers who could be staff aces for most of the teams in the league.

    Shanghai Knights Division:
    Brown Holes (86-74) vs. Jackie Chans (79-81)
    Season series: Brown Holes, 10-4
    Composite score: Brown Holes, 84-62
    Series capsule: The defending champion, Brown Holes, seemingly draw a team that is over matched. Not only did they dominate them in the season series, the Chans made the playoffs despite having a losing record. The Holes have succeeded with timely pitching and a balanced attack on offense with 6 different players hitting at least 20 home runs. The Chans had a breakout season from James Graziano (.283-45-108), a LF by trade who split time at C and 1B this season and hope to get the ball in the late-innings to RP Erwin Pena to win games.

    Knight of Ni Division:
    Transylvania Counts (100-60) vs. Navarre Liquors (84-76)
    Season series: tied 7-7
    Composite score: Transylvania Counts, 46-44
    Series capsule: The Counts playoff berth was not in doubt for much of the season, but the Liquors pulled away late to secure the second spot in the division and present a great challenge. The season series was low scoring and more pitching fireworks are expected. The Counts will rely on SP George Deas (24-8, 3.34) and Walter Meaux (19-6, 2.37) while the Liquors counter with 6-time reigning Cy Young winner Rodney Hubble (14-2, 1.54) and big boppers C Jesse Hernandez (.297-41-109) and 1B Roland Henry (.240-42-104).
    Last edited by GTLeonard; May 20, 2020 at 08:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by GTLeonard View Post
    Playoff time! Better late than never, here is a rundown of the playoff matchups:

    Jedi Knights Division:
    Millennium Falcons (89-71) vs. Hell's Kitchen Westies (88-72)
    Season series: Tied 7-7
    Composite score: Millennium Falcons, 68-64
    Series capsule: Only 1 game separated their overall record and the teams split the season series, so it should be a close playoff round! The Falcons are led on offense by SS Rodolfo Gallaegos (.346-44-138-1.077 OPS) and dangerous lead-off hitter DH Daniel Kroger (.358-32-96) and boasts a very effective bullpen. The Westies had four batters drive in at least 100 runs and had another stellar season from 2-time MVP C Chris Moore (.368-24-100-1.029 OPS) and a breakout season from SP Henry Lake (11-5, 2.81).

    Knight Rider Division:
    Green Bay Ray-K's (101-59) vs. Newcastle Brown Ale (99-61)
    Season series, Newcastle Brown Ale, 9-5
    Composite score: Newcastle Brown Ale, 83-74
    Series capsule: The Ray-K's had an exquisite run to end the season, overtaking the Brown Ales who had led for most of the year. Now they look to continue their recent success in a playoff series pitting two of the top three teams in wins. The Ray-K's free agent signings came up big, with newcomer CF Jacob Brown (.345-41-133-1.079 OPS) in the conversation for MVP and Rookie of the Year along with LF James Bray (.351-9-91) and C Frank Gardner (.296-28-118) joining veteran 1B Frank Burkett (.341-37-109-1.067 OPS) to form a potent offense to go along with a good pitching staff led by SP Kevin Bailey (20-6, 3.58). The Brown Ale counters with LF Jacob Pauline (.335-45-126-1.064 OPS), CF Christian Jones (.340-36-114-1.049 OPS) and reigning MVP 1B Scott Carruthers (.266-48-140) paired with four starting pitchers who could be staff aces for most of the teams in the league.

    Shanghai Knights Division:
    Brown Holes (86-74) vs. Jackie Chans (79-81)
    Season series: Brown Holes, 10-4
    Composite score: Brown Holes, 84-62
    Series capsule: The defending champion, Brown Holes, seemingly draw a team that is over matched. Not only did they dominate them in the season series, the Chans made the playoffs despite having a losing record. The Holes have succeeded with timely pitching and a balanced attack on offense with 6 different players hitting at least 20 home runs. The Chans had a breakout season from James Graziano (.283-45-108), a LF by trade who split time at C and 1B this season and hope to get the ball in the late-innings to RP Erwin Pena to win games.

    Knight of Ni Division:
    Transylvania Counts (100-60) vs. Navarre Liquors (84-76)
    Season series: tied 7-7
    Composite score: Transylvania Counts, 46-44
    Series capsule: The Counts playoff berth was not in doubt for much of the season, but the Liquors pulled away late to secure the second spot in the division and present a great challenge. The season series was low scoring and more pitching fireworks are expected. The Counts will rely on SP George Deas (24-8, 3.34) and Walter Meaux (19-6, 2.37) while the Liquors counter with 6-time reigning Cy Young winner Rodney Hubble (14-2, 1.54) and big boppers C Jesse Hernandez (.297-41-109) and 1B Roland Henry (.240-42-104).

    What an awesome write up for the upcoming post season!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Novato, California
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: 2099 Playoffs

    The Counts are on the ropes against the Liquors. Even if we can win game 5, Rodney Hubble looms in game 6. George Deas pitched well in games 1 and 4, yielding just a solo home run in each, but the team was not able not win either.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Novato, California
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: 2099 Playoffs

    Well, a fun season and some work to do to retool for Y3K. Congrats to the Liquors and good luck to all the remaining teams.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by GTLeonard View Post
    Well, a fun season and some work to do to retool for Y3K. Congrats to the Liquors and good luck to all the remaining teams.
    The Navarre Liquors are no joke! They have the pieces in place, it's just can they get enough runs to support the pitching staff's arms.

    And where do you get this Y3K thing....the upcoming season will be 2100....not 3000.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Novato, California
    Posts
    1,084

    Red face Re: 2099 Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by GB Ray View Post
    The Navarre Liquors are no joke! They have the pieces in place, it's just can they get enough runs to support the pitching staff's arms.

    And where do you get this Y3K thing....the upcoming season will be 2100....not 3000.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •