Thread: Salary Cap

Salary Cap

Sawyer suggested that we raise the cap from $55 mil to ???

I almost hate to raise the cap but if we do I suggest we raise it from $55 mil to $60 mil and make it a hard cap as opposed to the soft cap we have now. That will mean that a commissioner has the right to take over your team with commissioner powers and release any players necessary to get back under the cap. Of course the first players released would be AAA players or older players who are not really producing or are on the verge of retirement. I don't like penalizing a team by taking away a draft pick and don't even want to go there.

Before any steps are taken I'd like to see a show of hands if you agree. Also, if you don't agree please say so.

Re: Salary Cap

I've always been of the opinion that if someone stays over the cap they won't be able to sign players or trade. I've always thought that is the consequence. Eventually it will usually get corrected when they want to get players via something other than the regular draft. I don't see a need to force people to get under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by jahall View Post
    I've always been of the opinion that if someone stays over the cap they won't be able to sign players or trade. I've always thought that is the consequence. Eventually it will usually get corrected when they want to get players via something other than the regular draft. I don't see a need to force people to get under the cap.
    If you take that opinion of cap then why have a cap in place at all just so teams can have an advantage for themselves to manipulate the system

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer View Post
    If you take that opinion of cap then why have a cap in place at all just so teams can have an advantage for themselves to manipulate the system
    His team is also close to 7 million dollars over the cap, how is that a fair playing field against teams at or below the cap.

His team is also close to 7 million dollars over the cap, how is that a fair playing field against teams at or below the cap.
    If this was such a large advantage why haven't I won more WS? I lost to your team in the playoffs. I really don't think it's that big of an advantage and will correct itself eventually. With the struggle we've had to retain enough players I don't want to risk losing some over this.

You can`t make up your own rules that only apply to you. The league has a cap, it should be followed regardless. It is the for integratory of the game. I had to trade one of my best players to get under the cap this year. Managing the cap is part of the game it shows you can manage your team, which is the whole point to this league.

Unless someone objects, I'm going to raise the league's salary cap to $60 mil. I'll give it a few days before doing so if everyone agrees. After that I would really like to see teams try to get under the cap. I don't mind going into an unowned team's roster and culling the necessary players but all unowned teams will be under the $60 mil cap. I flatly refuse to go into an owned team's roster and do that unless it was ridiculously over the cap, which none will fall into that category. We can discuss measures to try to enforce the cap if you wish. Feedback please.

You can`t make up your own rules that only apply to you. The league has a cap, it should be followed regardless. It is the for integratory of the game. I had to trade one of my best players to get under the cap this year. Managing the cap is part of the game it shows you can manage your team, which is the whole point to this league.
    Obviously the rules don't only apply to me. CSFBL has rules on how the cap works. That's why you can't sign or trade players when you are over the cap and that applies to everyone. The part about being under the cap has come from leagues wanting to change how CSFBL set the game up. I've managed my team accordingly.

Then why is the cap getting adjusted? Because of players like you who can't manage the cap.

The salary cap has been updated to $60 mil which leaves only 4 teams currently over the cap. That will increase after the draft so it would be nice if all 4 teams could address the issue before the start (4/1) of next season. Most can take care of it simply by letting go of some of their AAA players or promoting low minor players to the big club and trimming the active roster. Also, they might trade a player of value (the older ones) for a draft pick. I now I'll listen to offers if it helps. Thanks guys.

The 4 owners are:

MysteriousO
    jahall
    Ravenwood
    elfeenor