Thread: Congrats to Fin

Congrats to Fin

Nice to see an OG owner take the WS against an...almost OG owner? I'm too old to remember if Makila used to play Earth2025, which somehow is only 5 years away in real time. What happened? Where am I?

How Murrieta doesn't have like 6 straight WS wins is beyond me.

Apparently, the Earth2025 community is still active, against all odds, and still obsessed with toxicity and Mehul Patel https://www.earthempires.com/forum/a...4?t=1588281782 . I bring this up knowing there is an 82% chance that Fin is running bots over there as we speak, but perhaps Tarheel will find this interesting.

Re: Congrats to Fin

Yes, very much so Fin!!!

And yes, sneakattack (correct?), I did play e2025. My wife and I met on swirve.com, or eesite, or echelon, (I don't remember the url at the time) in the late 90s/early 2000s.

I found swirve through Hel who was someone I grew up with in NorCal. Played in Avengers and New Monsters mainly.

I came to csfbl in 2003 via gramberto, I was about checked out of swirve by then, might have played through 2004 on the site, can't remember. EBB was in it's 1988 season at the time. Ironically 1989 was my first WS here, and Fin won in 1988. This season he beat me for this WS title. Almost full circle, just a season off. Heh.
    Last edited by makila; May 12, 2020 at 07:49 PM.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

oh my god that thread is throwing me back 20 years. Holy crap. Man, that is weird to read. I was there during all that time that they're talking about. I haven't even visited any of the old utopia/e2025 stuff in probably 15 years. my wife played utopia a little bit about 5 years ago, and lost interest again.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

man, those guys talking in another thread about joining in 2005 and stuff, makes me feel so old. wish I could remember exactly when I joined e2025 and utopia. i can vividly picture Hel and I sitting in a HS biology class playing. One of us watch out, one of us playing. That was either 1997 or 1998.

How'd you play in HS back then? Did your TI-85 Calculator have a web browser?

iMac! When the original release occurred our HS bought some. So I think that moves it to 1998.

Gramberto was the original villain of the league.

It's a good thing Fin managed to win that one in the 1988 season because he lost in 1981 and 1982 to Ghost and it was a long time before he won again! And, that is partly my fault. Ghost was more woke to the game than I was in 1981 and I traded him a young rookie starting Pitcher with a very high salary Robert Gallaher because he was doing poorly. In exchange, I got Hankins, Angel, who was OK, but not a HOF caliber SP.

only 155 seasons between WS victories - Red Sox have nothing on me. brings my record to a sterling 2-6 in the WS.

i was one of the original group of owners here.

i visited the earth empires forums just about a month ago to say hi. shocked how many names i recognized there still playing.

thanks for the congrats. I don't check the boards too often but sure nice to see the kind words.

be safe all
    Earth Baseball (1981)- San Diego Botrunners
    Cavernous Bandboxes (1981) - San Diego Rockpile
    7th Inning Stretch (1991)- Khazad-dum Naugrim
    A New Beginning (1989)- Bronx Hoodlums
    the Injustice League (1981) - Buckland Hobbits

Holy crap, i just now realized that fin won the WS last year.

Congratulations. UCN has moved beyond being #2.