Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to For the Love of the Game

Re: Welcome to For the Love of the Game

Any thoughts of having the top ten players on each team thrown into the FA pool and we have a full on draft in the style of regular fantasy sports?

None whatsoever, not by me anyway.

Why not? You’d have the most control over what your team looks like. Otherwise it’s just the same old boring routine as every other league.

I have no idea who my top 10 are, or what criteria to use... salary? God knows I don't have a lot of scouting to tell who I even like... or would like in a draft lotto. But I'm up for it, I guess. It would be nice if we could all get 10's in scouting at least for the lotto.

On team names... 1) do we have to have a real MLB team name (present or past) and 2) do we respect real MLB divisions / leagues in assigning these team names to our divisions?

I have the Pirates, who I hated as a kid... grew up in Philly, which I know I can't take because the Philly A's are already out there.

If we started a new league a FA draft might be an idea. For an existing league with history I'm not a fan of it. Plus the time sink would be high, even worse than a live 2-round draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    On team names... 1) do we have to have a real MLB team name (present or past) and 2) do we respect real MLB divisions / leagues in assigning these team names to our divisions?

I have the Pirates, who I hated as a kid... grew up in Philly, which I know I can't take because the Philly A's are already out there.
    I am a Jersey boy so I took them but could change if we come up with a idea for divisions and team names

Really... I was born in Jersey... Camden, right across the river from Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Really... I was born in Jersey... Camden, right across the river from Philly.
    I grew up in Glassboro. My family is from Camden. Small world

For everyone's info, your commish's are working on a basic set of rules that we can present shortly.

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast