Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobos currenlty in market for BP help

Arrow Hobos currenlty in market for BP help

Willing to give up a big starting rotation piece and 2032's entire draft...

For:
    2 - 3 veteran bullpen pieces. If I'm giving up a stud piece though...
    these arms better not be half steppin'.

Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

Re: Hobos currenlty in market for BP help

no longer looking for any more trades...
    we pulled off this blockbuster which included the Hobos
    entire 2032 draft now belonging to Frontenacas.

Todd Masters has been reassigned to the Active roster.
    Christopher McKenny has been reassigned to the Active roster.
    Eduardo Malave has been reassigned to the Active roster.

Juan Nieves has been sent to Frontenacs in a trade.
    Chartavius Horton has been sent to Frontenacs in a trade.
    Kyle Park has been sent to Frontenacs in a trade.
    Last edited by Bryan Whitfield; April 6, 2020 at 11:55 PM.
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

I was speaking with Chad Day today and we were discussing his .619 OPS this season. We arent sure he can cut it as an everyday hitter but i saw him throw his glove on the ground after making an error and boy let me tell you...when faced with adversity his frustration allows him to throw leather goods from 5 feet to the ground pretty menacingly. As such we have asked him about converting to a pitcher. He isnt so sure its a good idea but we are willing to entertain offers on him as a bullpen guy. Say... 3 broken bats, a bucket of BP baseballs and two of your best players. That should be enough. Shall i send the offer?

send away, (like the detailed post)...will take a disgruntled player, I don't think he could upset our bp any more than it is right now!
    We actually released two of our non-performers into the FA pool after we made that b buster.

Whit-

ah, I wasn't reading that very well...assumed he was a pitcher...and you could probably tell I was skim reading - but still, will take him off your hands for a bucket of balls!
    We have zero scouting, so when trading for vets we know basically what goods are coming in. But, like that 23 yr. old CF'er. We just have to roll the dice and hope for the best being in the non-funding scouting dark.

Whit-

Q,
    one thing I did notice with Chad Day. Play him vs. RHP and sit him vs. LHP.
    He will perform better, or just send that trade offer, and I'll see where we are at.
    Whit-

oh wow. I'm really not catching things the first time, he is a switchy hitter. I assumed he was a lefty hitter glancing at his +3
    still would hit better vs. LHB , but it's a bit less of importance as switch hitters get less of a ding ...I don't get too geeky on trying to figure out the how much and figuring exact amounts and all and am not into the spread sheet stuff... I'm too old for that , very old school. Do things the hard way...on paper...and by hand and paper and pencil.
    Whit-

I could use a switchy bat ...don't have enough + bats in the lineup anymore that can hit RHP well.
    I might platoon him at DH, until I can figure out how good of a defensive player he might be...
    Whit-
    Last edited by Bryan Whitfield; April 8, 2020 at 11:26 AM.

shoot , I made you another blockbuster, I don't know if I'm ripping myself off or not! Like I said , Malave I can't tell how good or bad he is with no funded scouting. I have one game to look at and he did fine, with a knock, R, and a BB. Hope he's as fast as I'm looking at. But, his age to salary and where he was drafted I'd bet my house he's a future mult x allstar ! Can't get a read on his range in CF either. That will be important. But, heck- will give him back to ya- fits your building for the now and future and will take the older vets who I have a better read on by viewing their player page. The SS exchange, I'm definately losing on the bat, gain a little more range- but, I like the 2B swap. My 2B "2nd Samuel" plays 2B get it? and I use to have two Samuels on my Hobo squad, and he definately played 2nd fiddle. Anyways , that's his knickname history. He plays gold glove caliber at the cornerstone, plays of a team friendly salary which is valueable, and is younger than Pino. Pino is a win now mode player, and I'll probably think about cutting his a s s , after this season. lol too much salary and too old! But, inserting his stick is worth is to me right now.

Whit-

Doing this trading stuff for fun...entertaining at the very least-
    what else ya gonna do when locked in the house for hours on end?

Whit-
    Last edited by Bryan Whitfield; April 7, 2020 at 03:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast