Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian...

Brian...

I have some questions about the ratings. Hopefully, you can enlighten some of us.

We know that the major ratings are not linear.

1) Does this apply to all visible offensive, defensive, and pitching ratings?

2) Is a portion of the scale linear? (i.e. is 0-50 linear, 50-100 non-linear?)

3) Does the AR (arm) rating affect anything else besides DPs for 2B/SS/3B, and assists for OFers?

4) Does the SP (speed) rating affect anything else besides SBs? (i.e. hits, doubles, triples)?

5) Are ratings further scaled to league averages? (i.e. the average PO rating in league A is 74, and therefore a player with a 64 might be scaled down to about a 44)?

Thank you Brian in advance, if you can answer these.

Slick
    Last edited by SlickLaptop; March 22, 2020 at 02:11 PM.

Re: Brian...

#1 my guess is yes

#2 my guess is yes

#3 it's also good for catchers (obviously)

#4 is 100% yes and it even can help with home runs

#5 doubt it

Why would you want someone to answer these things rather than just learn it from playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigge View Post
    Why would you want someone to answer these things rather than just learn it from playing?
    Because I'm the type of person who, when you yell at me to watch out for the car as I'm crossing the street, will stop and ask 'why?'

I've played this game for about 20 years... I still don't know.

If Brian doesn't want to say more regarding the inner workings of his game, then he can decline. That's his prerogative.
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    Former Commissioner [MLB ReMake] (1970-1975, 1977-1979)
    Former Commissioner [AAA ReMake] (1990-2010)
    AA ReMake Committee Representative (2120-Present)
    Chicago White Sox [MLB ReMake] (1970-1987) WS: 3-3 (1971, 1972, 1973)
    Los Angeles Dodgers [MLB ReMake] (1988-1989)
    St. Louis Cardinals [MLB ReMake] (1990-1991)
    Rochester Red Wings [AAA ReMake] (1997-2010) WS: 1-0 (2003)
    Hartford Yard Goats [AA ReMake] (2119-Present)

I believe he gives all the information he wants out in the help pages. Some is let mystery I think it says in help pages . Not sure thou

Quote Originally Posted by KingRat View Post
    #1 my guess is yes

#2 my guess is yes

#5 doubt it
    I believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRat View Post
    #1 my guess is yes

#2 my guess is yes

#5 doubt it
    #1) I believe yes.

#2) I believe not. I've always believed non-linearity referred to everything at both extremes.

#3) yes, forgot that one. But I believe I heard once that pitcher's HR rating is more important.

#4) I believe not. In fact, I believe speed is overrated. It would only affect inside-the-park HRs if they were specifically coded into the game (which I dont believe I've seen one)

#5) The average starting lineup batter in AA ReMake has a (SL) rating of about 66-67 based on the current HR pace and my extrapolations. I dont believe that this is normalized, because the data suggests there are ups and downs every season. Some due to chance, some due to owner preferences in player selection (both batting and pitching. So I suppose not.
    Last edited by SlickLaptop; March 22, 2020 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickLaptop View Post
    Because I'm the type of person who, when you yell at me to watch out for the car as I'm crossing the street, will stop and ask 'why?'

I've played this game for about 20 years... I still don't know.

If Brian doesn't want to say more regarding the inner workings of his game, then he can decline. That's his prerogative.
    And as you lay there with broken bones, in a labored final breath, you'll whisper, "Derek Jeter was overrated."
    Last edited by SeekUpSaratoga; March 22, 2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekUpSaratoga View Post
    And as you lay there with broken bones, in a labored final breath, you'll whisper, "Derek Jeter was overrated."
    #postoftheday
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    Former Commissioner [MLB ReMake] (1970-1975, 1977-1979)
    Former Commissioner [AAA ReMake] (1990-2010)
    AA ReMake Committee Representative (2120-Present)
    Chicago White Sox [MLB ReMake] (1970-1987) WS: 3-3 (1971, 1972, 1973)
    Los Angeles Dodgers [MLB ReMake] (1988-1989)
    St. Louis Cardinals [MLB ReMake] (1990-1991)
    Rochester Red Wings [AAA ReMake] (1997-2010) WS: 1-0 (2003)
    Hartford Yard Goats [AA ReMake] (2119-Present)

SP does seem to affect taking of extra bases on hits by both the hitter and on base runners. probably also affects the success rate of that (as well as tagging up) along with defensive ratings offsetting. finally, SP can affect the ability of the infield to get a double play.
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game bitches!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast