Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 games per day

4 games per day

I didn’t see anything posted. Is there a reason this league has been slowed down to 4 games per day?

Quote Originally Posted by RandS View Post
    I didn’t see anything posted. Is there a reason this league has been slowed down to 4 games per day?
    Probably just to finish the draft before 7/15.
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

CWS:USC Trojans - 2 for 4 WS winners
    WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back to back promotions (3x), 0 relegations
    EP: Terramuggus Terracotta Terrapins
    GOAT 4: Twin Peaks Tatas

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    Serengeti Wildebeests (MONEYBALL)
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

Re: 4 games per day

Quote Originally Posted by RandS View Post
    Need time to finish the draft. Very common practice. Unless you start the draft immediately or very shortly after the draft list drops (5/6), you won’t have time to finish by 7/15.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    Overall World Series Record 20-15

Georgia Peaches (Diamond Legends, 81-current) 87, 90, 91, 93, 97
    Royston Tigers (Big League 85-current) 85, 88, 89, 91, 92, 97, 02, 04, 05, 06
    Cobbs Black Sox (E P86-current) 86, 91, 92, 04, 06, 08
    Cobbs Scoundrels (CBF 2115-2127, 2129-current) 28, 29
    Cobbs Deadball Brawlers (MLB Blitz, 81-current) 93
    Tuktoyaktuk Wolverines (TCL, 2122-current)
    Cobbs Terrible Beauties (Cooperstown Prospects, 2002-current) 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08
    Cobbs Deadball Brawlers (Blue Chip Baseball, 2003-2013) 08, 09
    Cobbs Daffiness Boys (Dodgers Baseball, 1956-65) 61, 62
    Cobbs Leatherstockings (GOAT 3, 2006-2011)
    Augusta Tigers (LEG, 2056-2067)

I think this is as good a time as any to heap praise on gnrsss for his work running the draft.

For those that weren't following the progression, time was becoming critical to get the draft started or EP was going to face 2 options. Either not do a live draft or have an extended pause. This is not a knock on marsupial as we all know sometimes RL can grab us by the balls. marsupial is one of the very best commissioners around in my book.

gnrsss took the bull by the horn and learned how to run a draft from ground zero without having commissioner tools. Nobody can deny he has done an excellent job when nobody else that knew how to run a draft, including me, stepped up.

I hate slow downs in a draft more than anyone but since the draft is run by humans that have a life outside of the game, these things happen and I understand. If the 7/15 date is hit before the draft picks are set, the guys you drafted are probably not going to end up on your team, thereby resulting in a boatload of work by the commissioner to get the proper guys on the correct teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    I think this is as good a time as any to heap praise on gnrsss for his work running the draft.

For those that weren't following the progression, time was becoming critical to get the draft started or EP was going to face 2 options. Either not do a live draft or have an extended pause. This is not a knock on marsupial as we all know sometimes RL can grab us by the balls. marsupial is one of the very best commissioners around in my book.

gnrsss took the bull by the horn and learned how to run a draft from ground zero without having commissioner tools. Nobody can deny he has done an excellent job when nobody else that knew how to run a draft, including me, stepped up.

I hate slow downs in a draft more than anyone but since the draft is run by humans that have a life outside of the game, these things happen and I understand. If the 7/15 date is hit before the draft picks are set, the guys you drafted are probably not going to end up on your team, thereby resulting in a boatload of work by the commissioner to get the proper guys on the correct teams.
    Well said. Gnrsss has done a great job!

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    Overall World Series Record 20-15

Georgia Peaches (Diamond Legends, 81-current) 87, 90, 91, 93, 97
    Royston Tigers (Big League 85-current) 85, 88, 89, 91, 92, 97, 02, 04, 05, 06
    Cobbs Black Sox (E P86-current) 86, 91, 92, 04, 06, 08
    Cobbs Scoundrels (CBF 2115-2127, 2129-current) 28, 29
    Cobbs Deadball Brawlers (MLB Blitz, 81-current) 93
    Tuktoyaktuk Wolverines (TCL, 2122-current)
    Cobbs Terrible Beauties (Cooperstown Prospects, 2002-current) 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08
    Cobbs Deadball Brawlers (Blue Chip Baseball, 2003-2013) 08, 09
    Cobbs Daffiness Boys (Dodgers Baseball, 1956-65) 61, 62
    Cobbs Leatherstockings (GOAT 3, 2006-2011)
    Augusta Tigers (LEG, 2056-2067)

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post

Thanks gnrsss!!!

guatemala thanks the people stepping up in these dark times within dark times of actual dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    guatemala thanks the people stepping up in these dark times within dark times of actual dark times.
    Don't tell me you've gone to the dark side.....or is it just darkness at the edge of town?

Good job Gnrsss.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during this covid ****. Hopefully everyone okay with a job and income too.

Quote Originally Posted by BluntTrauma View Post
    Good job Gnrsss.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during this covid ****. Hopefully everyone okay with a job and income too.
    So far so good! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast