Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie pitcher who has to carry the franchise

Re: Rookie pitcher who has to carry the franchise

Yeah, Troy Abney pulled almost a one-hitter out of his hat. But alas, it was no sweep. I think what happens is like what always happens: no one understands the scrambled eggs thing here in the forum, but your players and your personnel and even the robot dog of Jeff Bezos see and understand what it is all about.
    New one:
    New Britain Rock Cats - Remake AA
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (World Series 2078)

Old one:
    Atlanta MLB Remake
    Omaha AAA Remake
    Laredo Simusports
    Texas MLB Classic
    El Paso Baseball Legends
    Pella IFL
    Alaska Psi Phi
    Thunder Bay MLB World
    Seattle ALTRA

Rings:
    MLB Remake 2073 (Atlanta)
    MLB World 2055, 2076 (Thunder Bay)
    IFL 2043 (Pella)
    Baseball Legends 2037 (Alaska)

The Rock Cats now are the only team in the division with a winning record even though their run differential still is negative. Usually there is some teams that get around a negative run differential, but that often means they are very lucky, have a great record in one-run games and usually field a very good bullpen. I understand the Rock Cats are lucky, I don't know any records of one-run games (for I don't know where to find them), but what I know for sure is the Rock Cats don't have that great bullpen. But maybe I think so because I only take a look at my own bullpen - maybe if I would look at yours, I'd appreciate how good mine really is. But come on, how can that be? Here are my bullpen ERAs:

* LR (who just got into that slot today, was MR before) 50 IP, 8.05 ERA
    * MR1 (who was LR until today) 45 IP, 4.76 ERA
    * MR2 43 IP, 5.15 ERA
    * SU1 15 IP, 3.00 ERA
    * SU2 31 IP, 4.94 ERA
    * CL 26 IP, 3.71 ERA

So outside of SU1 and CL, which my idiot game manager doesn't let pitch too often, I wouldn't say I got a great bullpen. Which just means New Britain is sitting on top of the division with a negative run differential of -30 for no reason at all. Even our pitching BABIP is, contrary to, say, the pitching BABIP of the Hartford Yard Goats, smack in the middle at .290. Our FIPS is more than half a run better than ERA, which tells you the defense is bad (but the Rock Cats believe their 1st round pick this year, SS James Barraza, will start to help turning around the defense. Altogether, our pitchers have also a negative LWTS as a group. Which is funny somehow, because with FIPS (fielding independend pitching) the Rock Cats are #6 in the league, but with linear weights (LWTS), they are #19 in the league. Which is it?

And, come to remember, the team was in the division race last year, too, until they faded in the dog days after the draft. Last year, we made a trade trying to stay in the race and it backfired: the pitcher did not work out here, and we went on 5-32 after the trade, and with that, our pick went from, say #15, to #7. The team was discussing a trade this year, too. Apparently, senior yoga analyst gregorgross was trying to open up the negotiations when the other side already thought the trade was close to done, so the deal fell through amidst allegations of unfairness. But this time, the trade was about to include the Rock Cats 1st rounder - and supersenior yoga analyst gregorgross knew that this 1st rounder at the moment looks like #16 but the team will fade, just like every year, the team must fade with this negative run differential and in the end, the Rock Cats 1st rounder will probably be single digit high. Last year, the Rock Cats late summer fade (don't forget, after the trade, the team went 5-32) turned their picks into #7.

"And if I trade away a #7 pick, I have to make sure I really get what I need, not just very helpful stuff.", said gregorgross.

"No way the other teams in our division let us sit there.", gregorgross said. "I don't know what foul intentions the other managers, first and foremost Slicki, have and why they let us dream of running away. This is sort of a plan to wear me out."

Also, supersenior yoga analyst gregorgross has signed a contract extension this week, declining a promotion to AAA. "We've got business here."
    Last edited by gregorgross; March 26, 2020 at 08:04 AM.
    New one:

Old one:
    Atlanta MLB Remake
    Omaha AAA Remake
    Laredo Simusports
    Texas MLB Classic
    El Paso Baseball Legends
    Pella IFL
    Alaska Psi Phi
    Thunder Bay MLB World
    Seattle ALTRA

Rings:
    MLB World 2055, 2076 (Thunder Bay)
    IFL 2043 (Pella)
    Baseball Legends 2037 (Alaska)

Quote Originally Posted by gregorgross View Post
    The Rock Cats now are the only team in the division with a winning record even though their run differential still is negative. Usually there is some teams that get around a negative run differential, but that often means they are very lucky, have a great record in one-run games and usually field a very good bullpen. I understand the Rock Cats are lucky, I don't know any records of one-run games (for I don't know where to find them), but what I know for sure is the Rock Cats don't have that great bullpen. But maybe I think so because I only take a look at my own bullpen - maybe if I would look at yours, I'd appreciate how good mine really is. But come on, how can that be? Here are my bullpen ERAs:

* LR (who just got into that slot today, was MR before) 50 IP, 8.05 ERA
    * MR1 (who was LR until today) 45 IP, 4.76 ERA
    * MR2 43 IP, 5.15 ERA
    * SU1 15 IP, 3.00 ERA
    * SU2 31 IP, 4.94 ERA
    * CL 26 IP, 3.71 ERA

So outside of SU1 and CL, which my idiot game manager doesn't let pitch too often, I wouldn't say I got a great bullpen. Which just means New Britain is sitting on top of the division with a negative run differential of -30 for no reason at all. Even our pitching BABIP is, contrary to, say, the pitching BABIP of the Hartford Yard Goats, smack in the middle at .290. Our FIPS is more than half a run better than ERA, which tells you the defense is bad (but the Rock Cats believe their 1st round pick this year, SS James Barraza, will start to help turning around the defense. Altogether, our pitchers have also a negative LWTS as a group. Which is funny somehow, because with FIPS (fielding independend pitching) the Rock Cats are #6 in the league, but with linear weights (LWTS), they are #19 in the league. Which is it?

And, come to remember, the team was in the division race last year, too, until they faded in the dog days after the draft. Last year, we made a trade trying to stay in the race and it backfired: the pitcher did not work out here, and we went on 5-32 after the trade, and with that, our pick went from, say #15, to #7. The team was discussing a trade this year, too. Apparently, senior yoga analyst gregorgross was trying to open up the negotiations when the other side already thought the trade was close to done, so the deal fell through amidst allegations of unfairness. But this time, the trade was about to include the Rock Cats 1st rounder - and supersenior yoga analyst gregorgross knew that this 1st rounder at the moment looks like #16 but the team will fade, just like every year, the team must fade with this negative run differential and in the end, the Rock Cats 1st rounder will probably be single digit high. Last year, the Rock Cats late summer fade (don't forget, after the trade, the team went 5-32) turned their picks into #7.

"And if I trade away a #7 pick, I have to make sure I really get what I need, not just very helpful stuff.", said gregorgross.

"No way the other teams in our division let us sit there.", gregorgross said. "I don't know what foul intentions the other managers, first and foremost Slicki, have and why they let us dream of running away. This is sort of a plan to wear me out."

Also, supersenior yoga analyst gregorgross has signed a contract extension this week, declining a promotion to AAA. "We've got business here."
    Slick has reportedly been seen outside his window on the 37th floor of the gold building in Hartford. His secretary was trying to pull him back off the ledge.

Apparently, after going all in this year, and trading away every draft pick for this season and next, the Yard Goats have continued to lose. Especially 1-run games, in which they are 7-16... including losing 4 of the last 5 games (all by 1-run).

Slick has kept a low profile for a couple of weeks, and many executives around the league seem to be a little worried. That is, except for Griego.

Supersenior yoga analyst gregorgross from the division leading New Britain Rock Cats spoke about his baseball upbringing recently. Before, he told the reporter that he does not want to talk about the Rock Cats leading the division, because he thinks this is an aberration that the Rock Cats are leading the division. In a normal world, they wouldn't lead their division, given their bad run differential and whatnot. But now they are leading their division, gregorgross said, and it's cool as long as it goes that they lead their division but he actually doesn't want to talk about the fact that the Rock Cats lead their division anymore. Also, he pointed out, he did really great to get them into that position, using voodoo stuff that no one DOWN in Hartford will ever see where it came from.

"Some people told me and they said, wow, how great you do. Is that because you look so damn good or are you just a natural?", gregorgross said, looking sternly at a point just three inches above the reporters head. gregorgross also mentioned that, in other times, he would have expected the president to call him about, say, a virus or something. To ask him what he would do, because he usually does everything so great, you know. But alas, not in 2120.

"Yeah, anyway, I was talking to you about how I came up in the baseball world. And you see, it started with my socks actually. I had some difficulties with them, like what to do first, get into the shoe or get into the socks? I decided to get into my shoes first, and then the socks, for that way I wouldn't have to tie my laces at all. And that was my look on the field: I loved my sox over my shoes. Later I found out that I could not wear high stirups, for if I did I had to tie my laces again, but when I saw The Marsian on Youtube I found out I could tie my laces with tape. Tape is the only stuff NASA buys in a DIY store and so I called NASA and asked them where exactly."

gregorgross at this point took the tape off the reporters mouth to give him some water to drink and tell him the interview will be over soon, no worries.

"The next big step in my baseball career was actually fielding. Well, not fielding but what you do afterwards. You know, the ball comes at you and somehow you manage to control it, like, you know, step on it and pick it up and now you have it in your hands, but what then? There were so many bases and I couldn't actually remember where the runners were, so my coach worked out a scheme where I was simply throwing at whatever base I liked and the other players would take it from there. It was, I thought, similar to how I went to school every day - couldn't remember which direction school was, so I attended like 8 schools in my neighborhood."
    Last edited by gregorgross; Yesterday at 07:56 AM.
    New one:

Old one:
    Atlanta MLB Remake
    Omaha AAA Remake
    Laredo Simusports
    Texas MLB Classic
    El Paso Baseball Legends
    Pella IFL
    Alaska Psi Phi
    Thunder Bay MLB World
    Seattle ALTRA

Rings: