Thread: fewest AB/IP for rookie of the year winner

fewest AB/IP for rookie of the year winner

Just wondering, as with 3 games left I have a hitter I called up mid-season who in 233 ABs is the leader in ROY race (he has 1.071 OPS). So, I was wondering on that.

I did have a hitter with 310 ABs for the season win it (I took over the team early in the season, my first act was putting him into the lineup actually). He had 30 HRs in those 310 Abs. And hit near .300. And went on to be my cleanup hitter for a decade with that team before slowing down. Though, in the one I mentioned above's case, is probably hitting over his head. But, should be a solid but not spectacular once he regresses to his mean. (as a non-important note, he is a young guy, who I picked up off free agency a couple of years ago, and nursed in the minors for a couple of years)

Re: fewest AB/IP for rookie of the year winner

Anyhow, finished with 252 ABs (apparently hadn't counted game 157 yet when posting). 357/434/623 line 16 HRs 55 RBIs. we'll see.

#2 and #3 was a high power guy with a .220s average. ANd a pitcher with a sub-2.00 ERA but only 3 decisions. (so yeah, poor year for rookies)

On another award note....I did have a Fireman of the Year winner pitch only 39.1 innings

https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4780846

Infact since his award I have moved him to a starter and he has bloomed into a stud starter!

turned out they opted to give ROY to the low average power hitter.

the #3 (pitcher with only 3 decisions ERA ballooned to 2.27 and dropped to 4th. #3 became a pitcher with a 10-8 3.65 mark. Which frankly of the 3 guys other than my guy, was probably the most deserving.