Thread: Apopka's and the Outcasts Trade Earlier this season

Apopka's and the Outcasts Trade Earlier this season

How is Apopka able to trade being over the salary cap?

6/27/2115 Martin Spiller (RF) Traded from Apopka Purge to San Francisco Outcasts
    6/27/2115 2nd Round Draft Pick (#48 overall Traded from Apopka Purge to San Francisco Outcasts
    6/27/2115 3rd Round Draft Pick (#72 overall Traded from Apopka Purge to San Francisco Outcasts
    6/27/2115 Mathew Rhodes (CF) Traded from San Francisco Outcasts to Apopka Purge[/TD]

I'm not complaining just trying to learn how.

Mark
    Last edited by Verizer; February 13, 2020 at 11:26 PM.

Re: Apopka's and the Outcasts Trade Earlier this season

The trade reduced Apopka's salary. You can still trade when over the cap as long as your trade reduces the amount you're over.

I've tried minor deals like that to send draft picks and peel off some salary, but they were always declined. That's a tactic I think most people in the game ignore.

I peeled a little salary, yes, but I also wanted to swap a RF for a CF so I paid for doing so. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by eagriffin View Post
    The trade reduced Apopka's salary. You can still trade when over the cap as long as your trade reduces the amount you're over.

I've tried minor deals like that to send draft picks and peel off some salary, but they were always declined. That's a tactic I think most people in the game ignore.

Haven't seen that in the rules so I've never tried. Good to know. Thanks for the info.