Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jumping around

Re: jumping around

Im sure you like getting your hooks into the youngins pimp

Good commish work sometimes goes unnoticed. Bobcat and pimp both run solid leagues. Altrta's ruleset for me, but i have enjoyed brockmire
    【=◈︿◈=】
    Happy, but a little lost
    Well, I don't know what I don't know so I'll kick my shoes off &run

2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 8,035-6,518 (.552) ~ 8 WS
    2018: 6,226-5,522 (.530) ~ 7 WS
    2019: 3 WS

GOATLong Beach Losers(1994-)1997, 1998
    TCLVista Cruisers(2101-)2109
    WBCVenezuela(1925-1932,1937-)1925, 1928, 1930, 1937, 1949
    XBAnaheim Aardvarks(2083) 
    EPSan Onofre(2002)2003
    CBFFerenginar(2114-2118,2130-)2132
    BrockToronto Marlies(1986-) 
    ThrowBCalifornia(2013-2020,2045-)2018
    LEG-2045, 2046, 2047, 2051, 2054
    CarL-2022, 2027, 2031, 2032
    Dodgers-1953, 1955, 1966
    TML-1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1983, 1984
    Sweet-1886, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1897, 1898, 1900
    TDD-2106, 2107
    AA-2100
    TP-1983
    BD-2038
    AAA-2101

Its not a stupid comment its true. You are in five leagues according to your profile, and two of them suck (PGML-two open teams 18 rabid and KBL-five open teams-17 rabid). BD is hit or miss and the league you created and ALTARA are both rock solid. You have been quoted as you won't leave any of these leagues and came up with lame excuses when you do leave a league. Nobody cares why you left. Just leave like the rest of us, league jump getting into more competitive leagues and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    This is the stupidest comment ever, there are too many hanging on to dead leagues while great leagues could use their rabid participation

By the way Brockmire is Rabid

The comish is what makes the league. Andrelton Simmons, Vashon, Jar, Runnys are among the best. if the comish is not committed the league will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdbpimpin1 View Post
    I understand bobcat's frustration. I will say that if you continue to do solid commish work, it gets easier and easier to fill openings in your leagues. Thats why altrta doesnt have openings very often or very long. its why there is always competition to get into TCL. Having a stable league and stable commish work leads to long term league stability. Personally, I tend to want newbie owners instead of retread veteran owners, primarily because new owners are easier to set the hook into once you show them what a well run private league looks like.

Currently I am in 6 leagues, TCL, ALTRTA, MLB Classic, KBL, Remake, and LEG. LEG is the only i've considered leaving (despite being nearly a 10 year owner there), and thats because the commish situation deteriorated greatly. its rebounding now. the other leagues are very well run leagues.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLegend View Post
    Its not a stupid comment its true. You are in five leagues according to your profile, and two of them suck (PGML-two open teams 18 rabid and KBL-five open teams-17 rabid). BD is hit or miss and the league you created and ALTARA are both rock solid. You have been quoted as you won't leave any of these leagues and came up with lame excuses when you do leave a league. Nobody cares why you left. Just leave like the rest of us, league jump getting into more competitive leagues and don't look back.
    Ya know, a couple years back I had to realize that players not using the forums was just part of how some play the game. I think its vital to "top tear" leagues if that is a thing anymore to a great league. I guess I have to realize the same here. I dont agree with it and maybe you think this post was directed right at you but it wasnt. The only area you fall under is that you were someone I passed on in Brockmire because of the reasons you explain. So i'll just tuck my tail and move on.
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars
    ALTRTA- Roxborugh Rampage

Ok fair enough. It did appear it was a shot but no hard feelings. My point was we all play the game differently. None of us are right and none of us are wrong. Its an individual game.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    Ya know, a couple years back I had to realize that players not using the forums was just part of how some play the game. I think its vital to "top tear" leagues if that is a thing anymore to a great league. I guess I have to realize the same here. I dont agree with it and maybe you think this post was directed right at you but it wasnt. The only area you fall under is that you were someone I passed on in Brockmire because of the reasons you explain. So i'll just tuck my tail and move on.

Yeah, I realize I have stayed with all my leagues but I think 1 until they died. But, I can only handle 3 teams really at a time. And I am probably mediocre to below-average as an owner. I think what personally keeps me interested is watching individual players' careers play out. Been a couple of times I've thought about quitting a league, and I get my hands on a great prospect, and just got to stay and watch it play out, and I get invested again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DTCT View Post
    Yeah, I realize I have stayed with all my leagues but I think 1 until they died. But, I can only handle 3 teams really at a time. And I am probably mediocre to below-average as an owner. I think what personally keeps me interested is watching individual players' careers play out. Been a couple of times I've thought about quitting a league, and I get my hands on a great prospect, and just got to stay and watch it play out, and I get invested again.
    im one to keep guys around in a lot of cases. Keep me in mind if any of those other leagues die out. I run 2 really good leagues with owners with the same mindset. and the other 3 are pretty solid leagues with solid ownership also.

Check out the KBL forum, we've got a guy with chasing 400 wins and just about to eclipse 5000 Ks, the league's HR king is over 900 HRs
    https://forums.csfbl.com/forumdispla...aseball-League
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars
    ALTRTA- Roxborugh Rampage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12