Thread: Brian ? Request to cut leagues

Lightbulb Brian ? Request to cut leagues

I've been here a long time , since 2000. Great , great game that we all have enjoyed ...to get to the point though, why haven't you all done something about dying leagues? Limit how many leagues owners can join. That way there aren't so many. Maybe it's time to parse down the leagues and limit how many owners can join. Make the leagues scarce. Supply and demand issue. The supply is way too high for the demand. The product would be better if the supply wasn't there, the product will be better if the supply is cut in half.

Always thought that it's becomes so hard to recruit new owners to the leagues. The product would be so much better if the site would limit the amount of teams an owner can join. When leagues fold , it would be cool if the dedicated owners would hop into another league that's more active. Love the game, just want to see the leagues all full, even if their are a lot less of them.

If a team drops a league , make them not be able to recruit another one. Or, if the have 4 - 5 teams and they drop they cannot recruit a team for two months. That way they are forced to just participate in the leagues they are already in. It waters down the site where even the active owners are not very active and following and posting and caring about the leagues they are in. Too many, it's like fantasy baseball. Owners get in too many leagues , and they can't pay attention. It ruins the league when nobody is ever actively trading and focused.

Whit-
    Last edited by Bryan Whitfield; January 8, 2020 at 04:17 PM.
    Lawn Chair League~ S.J.C. Hobos (est. 2014)~ World Series Champions 2019 & 2027 !!
    America's Pastime ~ Doheney Dropper Loopers (est. 2085)~ 2085 Division Champs
    Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Re: Brian ? Request to cut leagues

Saw there was a thread on this about 4 years ago. I thought you probably already knew this was a challenge, I think it's the sites main weakness at the moment...
    and probably one that is difficult to solve. I hope there are many changes coming to address this in the future

I like this ideal that valculpa had in another thread! I think it will work. Private leagues should remain out of the equation , unless they want to toggle it on as well?
    Give it a shot in all public leagues. If the public leagues don't like it, too bad...they can go private if they don't want it. It's a fantastic ideal , and I for one would love to see the ideal implemented , it should work!

Valculpa's ideal below...

Personally, I love creating new teams. I feel like they're more "mine" than taking over someone else's discarded team. I would love to see the option of joining a private league with a newly created team, instead of taking over whatever team was abandoned. Subject to league rules, of course. I think it would be very helpful for recruiting new owners. Some of us (me included) enjoy the rebuilding process (more than winning, some times!). But, if someone could come into a league and "roll-up" a new team instead of taking over a roster full of 35 year-old has-beens, it could be much more appealing. I just love being dealt a random hand and then figuring out what to do with it. So I'd hope to still be able to create new teams in some way, without joining a public or new league.
    Lawn Chair League~ S.J.C. Hobos (est. 2014)~ World Series Champions 2019 & 2027 !!
    America's Pastime ~ Doheney Dropper Loopers (est. 2085)~ 2085 Division Champs
    Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.