Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    For me I can support a small number of FAs. But my gut reaction is this can hurt the overall competitiveness. Rich can get richer if everybody doesn’t participate. Only the most engaged owners will benefit. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL
    Marsupial did mention a blind bidding process for FAs, so that should remedy that. I'm sure there would be a reasonable timeframe that every owner who wanted to could get involved in.
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

CWS:USC Trojans - 2 for 4 WS winners
    WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back promotions (2x), 0 relegations
    EP: Terramuggus Terracotta Terrapins
    GOAT 4: Twin Peaks Tatas

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    Serengeti Wildebeests (MONEYBALL)
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

Quote Originally Posted by gnrsss2001 View Post
    I would ask that the penalty be reviewed so that someone is not "double" penalized in the same draft...As it is now, I am guessing 4-5 years worth of penalties...
    Here's another thing- if we dropped the min wins rule to more than 50 games, it could make a difference. In the last 10 years, only 2 or three years have there been no teams under 55 wins. However, only three of the last ten years have there been teams under 50 wins, and each time those teams were likely tanking. If we made it more than 50 wins (i.e. 51 wins), that would be 5 teams in ten years that would have been penalized and all were not putting talent they could have on the field, either through inactivity or tanking. Just those extra 4 wins would have been penalties for more than double that amount of teams over the same time frame.
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

CWS:USC Trojans - 2 for 4 WS winners
    WBC: Czech Republic Nároďak - 1 for 4 WS winners, back to back promotions (2x), 0 relegations
    EP: Terramuggus Terracotta Terrapins
    GOAT 4: Twin Peaks Tatas

--
    Former WS winning teams:
    Serengeti Wildebeests (MONEYBALL)
    K-Mart Blackbelts (LEG)

Re: 2008 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AndreltonSimmons View Post
    Here's another thing- if we dropped the min wins rule to more than 50 games, it could make a difference. In the last 10 years, only 2 or three years have there been no teams under 55 wins. However, only three of the last ten years have there been teams under 50 wins, and each time those teams were likely tanking. If we made it more than 50 wins (i.e. 51 wins), that would be 5 teams in ten years that would have been penalized and all were not putting talent they could have on the field, either through inactivity or tanking. Just those extra 4 wins would have been penalties for more than double that amount of teams over the same time frame.
    I think that’s a good suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by AndreltonSimmons View Post
    Can I get my three spots back lol....

There is a poll up for changes to the rules to be considered. You can vote for as many options as you would like. Please vote by the end of the season which should be about two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Black Sox look to 2008 after a disappointing finish and early exit in 2007.

The big need we have is a power bat - see my Trade Central post for what I have.

24 yo P Donald Rumsey https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4786292 will lead the call ups. He’s still got some developing to do in PO/SY but we look forward to seeing what he can do in the bigs.

Another question in 2008 is can 26 yo Ray Judge repeat his Cy Young season (22-2/2.03)? Management has been very pleased with the performance of Judge (the #43 pick in the 2000 draft). The front office was patient waiting for his development and it paid huge dividends.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    Circling back, the Black Sox are very satisfied with Daniel Tardiff https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4720258 who came over from Guatemala. His 32 HRs and 96 RBI in 94 games makes the middle of lineup very potent when combined with Marcus Moore https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4777623 (32 HR/90 RBI/101 games).

The Sox continue to rely heavily on pitching and defense. 24 yo Rookie Donald Rumsey https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4786292 hasn’t disappointed so far going 16-3/2.47 ERA. The other big 3 SP (Thompson/Gonsalves/Judge) are also having good seasons with 12+ wins and sub 3 ERAs.

With a playoff appearance seemingly in hand, management will focus on keeping the Pitching staff rested and gearing up for a bruising playoff with some real horses in the mix - Chernobyl, Las Vegas, Hebron, Swan Valley to name a few.

Good luck down the stretch.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Julian Horne , 22 yr old fireball pitcher for Saranac throws a No-Hitter versus the highest scoring team in the league, Hebron. The only blemish to the total domination of Hebron was 2 BB's. He struck out 14 in the greatest game of his young career.

https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=42252609

The Koalas have rattled off a 12 game win streak to take the division lead from Hebron. During the streak, the Koalas recorded seven shutouts and Closer Alvin Skinner picked up a save in seven straight games to start the streak.

The 3-7 record against Hebron this season is certainly going to make us underdogs in the playoffs no matter who gets home field advantage. Carried by the #1 pitching staff in the league, we will need them to shut down that Hebron team's #1 offense to have any chance in the playoffs.

Sorry if its is me the one is tanking, past 3 4 weks for me was very busy so did not have enough time to properly set my team. I did make some trades early season too that gutted my defense but my callups rarent ready either.

Was so busy i couldnt even make my draft picks, i had trade for some goos picks too, not that im.complining, thats my fault, but sorry for the autos this year

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    Sorry if its is me the one is tanking, past 3 4 weks for me was very busy so did not have enough time to properly set my team. I did make some trades early season too that gutted my defense but my callups rarent ready either.

Was so busy i couldnt even make my draft picks, i had trade for some goos picks too, not that im.complining, thats my fault, but sorry for the autos this year
    I noticed you haven't been around and yes, I did notice your autos. I was hoping it wasn't a health issue. Glad you are back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast