Thread: 2005 Season Discussion

2005 Season Discussion

Longtime Sasquatch DH/1B Brian Cao has retired just 51 hits shy of Robert Guzman's all-time mark of 3,738. Cao may not have sexy numbers but he's the Big League's all time leader in AB's by just over 1,000, all-time leader in plate appearances by about 2,500, all time leader in singles by 550, and in a weird stat, the all-time leader in ROE by 70. At the time of his retirement, he's also top 10 career in walks, total bases, doubles and runs.
    World Series Record: 1 - 2
    Dodgers Baseball: Sherman Oaks Spartans: 1964 (L)
    Big League: Seattle Sasquatches: 1995 (W), 1996 (L)

Re: 2005 Season Discussion

Indeed.. one of the best ever.
    Just Vegas, baby....

Big League: WS 1984

For the first time in 12 years the Mashers finished 1st in their division for the regular season. Sweeping Memphis, in the next to last season series, to eliminate the perennial favorites out of the playoffs. Led by sure-fire MVP Daniel Norton, Norton tied the league record for most HR in a single season (69), while setting new single season marks for Slugging Pct, OPS and Total Bases....Next up, a chance to claim their first division crown in 15 years versus Toronto...

VDL makes their 8th straight playoff appearance with hopes that the division series isn't the disaster it's been recently.

Quote Originally Posted by randyb33 View Post
    Longtime Sasquatch DH/1B Brian Cao has retired just 51 hits shy of Robert Guzman's all-time mark of 3,738. Cao may not have sexy numbers but he's the Big League's all time leader in AB's by just over 1,000, all-time leader in plate appearances by about 2,500, all time leader in singles by 550, and in a weird stat, the all-time leader in ROE by 70. At the time of his retirement, he's also top 10 career in walks, total bases, doubles and runs.
    Guy definitely wins the “Iron Man” war. Will it get him in the HOF? Sadly, I wouldn’t think so with a HOF score of 48 but he is definitely worth a note in the history of our League.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Guy definitely wins the “Iron Man” war. Will it get him in the HOF? Sadly, I wouldn’t think so with a HOF score of 48 but he is definitely worth a note in the history of our League.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

I agree, he just doesn't have the regular season awards or power numbers to grab the attention of the HoF voters even if he probably was one of the best leadoff hitters of the early era. If he hadn't been a 1B/DH maybe he'd have gotten into a few more All-Star games.

I realize you can't cross-compare CSFBL and the real MLB (but I'm going to anyway), Cao's career hit total would put him between a couple of guys named Musial and Aaron in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    VDL makes their 8th straight playoff appearance with hopes that the division series isn't the disaster it's been recently.
    At least you've got one WS title in there. Over in one of my other leagues, I've got a team that's bowed out 7 out of the last 10 in the divisional round.