Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 Winter Meetings

Re: 2003 Winter Meetings

Quote Originally Posted by randyb33 View Post
    On a side note, I wonder if our trade stagnation has to do with the age of our league. It could be that we're thirteen years in, and everyone's on the same cycle as far as age of players, depth of the LM system, etc.. my other two teams are in much older leagues, and there seems to be more activity on the trade market.
    That's an interesting thought. And definitely could be a viable reason, especially if there hasn't been a ton of turnover with owners in the league. Being new-ish I don't know how long most have been here. Typically new owners want to tear down teams immediately and start over, so then there's an influx of talent available for trade. It seems like this league most anyone selling is trying to ship out older, declining guys which makes it hard as a buyer to get any value.

Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    That's an interesting thought. And definitely could be a viable reason, especially if there hasn't been a ton of turnover with owners in the league. Being new-ish I don't know how long most have been here. Typically new owners want to tear down teams immediately and start over, so then there's an influx of talent available for trade. It seems like this league most anyone selling is trying to ship out older, declining guys which makes it hard as a buyer to get any value.
    Yea idk tough to figure. I have 2 or 3 young hitters I have to move but nobody seems to buy or wants to buy pitching. If anybody has a change of heart lmk. And no don’t wait for me to cut them cause they are too young to let them go for free :-)

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

I made a deal for a pitcher last season but it'll be tougher being over the cap again. I already seem to have offense on this team, which is different that what I usually build.
    Last edited by RyckyRych; October 9, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Yeah, I’d move Steele or Brady for prospects/picks, but nobody is biting. I’ve been trying to move veterans for a few seasons now.

World Series Champions:
    Chicago Cubs (Historical Replay) - 1948
    Sioux City Explorers (Iowa Farm League) - 2011, 2014
    Iowa Cubs (MLB ReMake - AAA) - 2014
    Harrisburg Senators (MLB ReMake - AA) - 2002
    Kansas City Vikings (MLB World) - 2108
    Iowa City Raptors (WEBL) - 2000

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPint View Post
    Yeah, I’d move Steele or Brady for prospects/picks, but nobody is biting. I’ve been trying to move veterans for a few seasons now.

Not calling you out, so please no disrespect meant. But I think this is part of the problem with trading in this league and most leagues really. Steele is 38 yrs old and in heavy decline. What are you really expecting in return? I highly doubt anyone is going to offer anything more than a mid to late 2nd rd pick at the most, but his value to you in terms of wins is probably more than that. Brady is 32, so not as old. But again he's in decline and people just won't give up 1st rd pick type talent for a 32 yr old in decline, so what are you expecting in return?

If someone wants to make a run this season, they need to be willing to make that sacrifice. A late 2nd round pick is worthless to me. Either a contending team gives up prospects to win now or they hold on to the future and have less chance of winning now.

World Series Champions:
    Chicago Cubs (Historical Replay) - 1948
    Sioux City Explorers (Iowa Farm League) - 2011, 2014
    Iowa Cubs (MLB ReMake - AAA) - 2014
    Harrisburg Senators (MLB ReMake - AA) - 2002
    Kansas City Vikings (MLB World) - 2108
    Iowa City Raptors (WEBL) - 2000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12