Thread: 2115 Chat

2115 Chat

Welcome to the new season!

Thanks to everybody for getting under the $70m hard cap, and just to remind everyone that when the live section of the draft completes (usually around 7/10) the cap will be raised to $75m for the rest of the season.

Welcome to PaulTakeo who returns to the league taking over the Pirates.
    I don't know if I welcomed back BengalHockey officially as I added him during the off season, so I'll also say good luck to the former commissioner.
    Speaking of which I think this my 20th season as commissioner and think it has gone alright so far and am happy to go on.

If you were paying attention then there was an issue recently with an owner over the PSFA's.
    I am more than open to something being done with this feature if there are suggestions.
    (But not scrap it completely and immediately because you didn't get a player).

The Topps Tournament will continue and starts with a bang on opening day.
    With the Cubs now in the mix it should be pretty fierce in the Premier.

Anyway I look forward to that and trying to add a third consecutive title - Or seeing who stops me!
    Last edited by benmc; September 3, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

Re: 2115 Chat

Thank You for welcoming me back to FOB. I think I had the Giants last time. Just got through overhauling about half the Pirates lineup as everyone can see on the transaction page. Hopefully, this will change the team around from it's abysmal start to the season.

Question: How does one enter this TOPPS Tournament and what is it about??

The Topps Tournament is something that has been running for quite a while now and you are entered as all clubs are.
    The Pirates are in Tier 2 (The Silver Dollar).
    They are in tier 2 based on their performances in the original seven Topps Trophy events shown on the Topps Table 1.0.
    Your scheduled quarter final fixture is against the Orioles on 7/5 of this season.
    The winner will go through and play in the Semi and if you make it through all the way will be promoted to the Premier Division where the big prize money is.
    The target is $10m in prize money to play for the Topps Title.
    Remember you are also vulnerable to relegation so if you do lose in the QF try not to lose by too much!

Here is the current seasons schedule, and at the bottom of the page there is a link to the archive, prize money and rules.

https://forums.csfbl.com/showthread....ament-Season-2

Obviously you are playing catch-up but at least you are not inheriting a team too far away if you can put a run together in your section.
    And the tourney is set to run for a while as $10m is a fair way to go for two clubs to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTakeo View Post
    Thank You for welcoming me back to FOB. I think I had the Giants last time. Just got through overhauling about half the Pirates lineup as everyone can see on the transaction page. Hopefully, this will change the team around from it's abysmal start to the season.

Question: How does one enter this TOPPS Tournament and what is it about??
    Last edited by benmc; September 7, 2019 at 11:37 AM.

Cardinals looking to acquire Rotation help. Looking for a ACE and maybe a #2 type Please PM me.
    World Series Titles 5

Red Sox Nation Bernies Carbo's 2027, 2028
    CARL: Grand Turk Parrots 2024
    KBL: Brooklyn Dodgers 2030
    BD: Chattanooga Appalachian's 2063

Not exactly related to FOB really, but I ticked off a personal CSFBL goal today and am holding the championship with both my Blue Jays teams at the same time for the first time, and gives me a 13-1 WS record for the calendar year with 6 of my clubs. Not to brag or anything!
    Last edited by benmc; September 9, 2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benmc View Post
    Not exactly related to FOB really, but I ticked off a personal CSFBL goal today and am holding the championship with both my Blue Jays teams at the same time for the first time, and gives me a 13-1 WS record for the calendar year with 6 of my clubs. Not to brag or anything!
    I’m still bitter at losing to you after being up 3-0 two seasons ago.

You aren't the only one!

I will try and make you feel better about that by saying at least you weren't 10-2 up with 2 innings left in game 7 after also being 3-0 up, like when this happened for me https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=39852508

It could be worse!

Quote Originally Posted by misteri View Post
    I’m still bitter at losing to you after being up 3-0 two seasons ago.

Amazing turnaround.....so far.
    I became owner of the Pirates just before the season started. Made one or two changes but after seeing the Pirates lose game after game I basically gutted the whole team and after going 5-19 after the first 24 games of the season, the team has gone over .500 (28-27) after 55 games.
    In a 31 game span the Pirates went 23-8. I don't know how long this hot streak will last but I am proud of the team.

Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTakeo View Post
    Amazing turnaround.....so far.
    I became owner of the Pirates just before the season started. Made one or two changes but after seeing the Pirates lose game after game I basically gutted the whole team and after going 5-19 after the first 24 games of the season, the team has gone over .500 (28-27) after 55 games.
    In a 31 game span the Pirates went 23-8. I don't know how long this hot streak will last but I am proud of the team.