Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2088 PSFA draft- send lists by 3/20 or get skipped!

Lightbulb 2088 PSFA draft- send lists by 3/20 or get skipped!

Here are the ground rules. Please reply here if you have ideas or questions. I am excited about this!

1. Each season at the flip, 24 new free agent will be created.

2. Each new free agent is subject to the International free agent draft.

3. The draft order will be as follows:
    A. Season 1, the order will be the natural draft order as dictated by the sim. Only exception is that the World Series winner is automatically moved to the 24th pick.
    B. Season 2 and beyond, the order is based on the previous seasons order, with those who made a pick moving to the back of the line. EX: if spots 1,2,6,7 make picks and all others pass, then the next season the order will be teams that passed at 3,4,5,8-24. then the teams that picked 1,2,6,7 will be reordered amongst themselves based on the new seasons natural draft order. The WS winner will again be moved to the 24th pick.

4. The draft will be by list/order/instructions only.
    A. Each team will have until the 3/20 sim to submit their list/order/instructions.
    B. Draft results will be published and players assigned AFTER 4/1, but before 4/15.
    C. Every teams instructions is defaulted to "PASS" or "No selection." You must submit a list or instructions if you want to make a pick.

5. Undrafted players are standard free agents on 4/16 and subject to standard in game bidding.

6. For now, you cannot trade international draft slots. You may trade drafted players once they are on your roster.

7. When players are assigned to your team you ARE allowed to go over the salary cap with the addition. So if you draft a $3.5m player and you are at 59.5m in team salary on 4/1, the player will still be assigned and you will be at $63m afterwards.

draft slot TEAM INST PICK OWNER
      PASSED LAST YEAR
    1 Renville Rum Runners pickNolan Fullerton ss desertgopher
    2 Sabermetric Sabercats pass  wrigley_ivy
    3 Old North Star State Fighting HeelslistRaymond Larkin 3b stampy19
    4 Chinese Checkers listDavid Perkins p Arizona Cats
    5 Cambridge Hawks pass  makila
    6 Missenewa Heights Fighting Poplar pass  bartoloboi
    7 Tamugan Tropics pass  misteri
    8 Chicago Black Sox of Argyle listCharles Williams ss orlando17
    9 Chicago Lords listJohn Wright p Hasun
    10 Myrtle Beach Mermenlist/pass  grwatts
    11 Brno Barniecats listJames Owens 3b runnys
    12 Seaside Silver Surfers listBruce Foster p balmers
    13 Gainesville Gators pass  trashman
    14 Kalamazoo Knights pass  tychi88
    15 Ron Davis All-Stars listRobert Harper p mntwinsfan1001
      PICKED LAST YEAR, NATURAL ORDER   
    16 Babylon Dreamers pass  Andy126
    17 Orlando Motormouths list/pass  bobcat1018
    18 Seattle Bandits listRonald Stokes p gbears877
    19 Saint Croix Hamiltons pass  mlbsox
    20 Cairo Bearingmakers list/pass  mattavnlk
    21 Charleston Griffins listChristopher Bryan rf joeecc
    22 Lowell Lock Monsters pass  danielpaton
    23 Cypress Cyanide list/pass  RyckyRych
      WS WINNER
    24 Glastonbury Wayward Sons listDavid Cook 2b bigdbpimpin1
    Last edited by bigdbpimpin1; August 22, 2019 at 04:59 PM.
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game bitches!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Re: 2088 PSFA draft- send lists by 3/20 or get skipped!

Borneo's list has been sent

Renville selects SS Nolan Fullerton

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Runnys View Post
    Wow!
    I agree! My list was sent!

draft is done.

you can sign your guys now if you want. or wait until after 4/1 for me to assign them to you.

undrafted PSFA players cannot be bid on until 4/15
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game bitches!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Larkin is one of the top 10 players maybe on the website. Why wasnt he picked #1?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by bigdbpimpin1 View Post
    draft is done.

you can sign your guys now if you want. or wait until after 4/1 for me to assign them to you.

undrafted PSFA players cannot be bid on until 4/15
    what are you doing with Cook? I was hoping he'd make it through where i'd look at him as a catcher
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars

Quote Originally Posted by orlando17 View Post
    Larkin is one of the top 10 players maybe on the website. Why wasnt he picked #1?
    I agree. The fact he made it to 3 is sad. I can understand if Renville picked based on need, however, there is no reason for Wrigley_Ivy to make no pick. This PSFA class was stacked and for him to not want Larkin either means he is off the site or he just doesn't care. Either way, it shouldn't have happened.

As I side note, I'm happy as a pig in poop that I got Owens!

Quote Originally Posted by Runnys View Post
    I agree. The fact he made it to 3 is sad. I can understand if Renville picked based on need, however, there is no reason for Wrigley_Ivy to make no pick. This PSFA class was stacked and for him to not want Larkin either means he is off the site or he just doesn't care. Either way, it shouldn't have happened.

As I side note, I'm happy as a pig in poop that I got Owens!
    I’m not sad at all.
    Last edited by stampy19; August 22, 2019 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast