• Yes

0 0%
  • No, instead penalize 1st rd pick by 5 spots

1 33.33%
  • no, leave as is

2 66.67%
  • abstain

0 0%

Thread: should B Bailey be removed as Bowie Owner?

should B Bailey be removed as Bowie Owner?

47, 52, 68 wins over the past 3 seasons.

of note:
    The teams best player Roy Reeve, only played 35 games this season.
    Emery Clark, played only 30 games.

State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
    Yeah that .148 in 35 games screamed for playing time. His replacement played 135 games with a .976 OPS

I benched the guy and played a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by CyMaddux31 View Post
    47, 52, 68 wins over the past 3 seasons.

of note:
    The teams best player Roy Reeve, only played 35 games this season.
    Emery Clark, played only 30 games.
    Last edited by BobBailey; August 16, 2019 at 04:49 PM.

Never mind the fact that the commissioner tries to kick me out regularly despite his league having only FIVE owners.
    Maybe fill the league then you can kick me out.

And instead of trying to boot me as an absentee owner (I log in daily but why let facts get in the way) the truth is this league has an absentee commissioner who does nothing to get owners in here.

Quote Originally Posted by BobBailey View Post
    Yeah that .148 in 35 games screamed for playing time. His replacement played 135 games with a .976 OPS

I benched the guy and played a better player.

Re: should B Bailey be removed as Bowie Owner?

Never mind the fact that the commissioner tries to kick me out regularly despite his league having only FIVE owners.
    Maybe fill the league then you can kick me out.

And instead of trying to boot me as an absentee owner (I log in daily but why let facts get in the way) the truth is this league has an absentee commissioner who does nothing to get owners in here.
    I'm not trying to "Kick you out" The rules have been posted in the forum for years now, and you have been around plenty long enough to know about the 3/180 competitive rule. Everyone goes up for vote if they miss that rule, you can look back in the forums and see for yourself.

And by all means feel free to recruit owners instead of cry about it. It's well-known that team ownership has been declining for awhile now site-wide.
    Last edited by CyMaddux31; August 19, 2019 at 09:40 AM.

Yes well when all but 1 of the playoff teams is unowned you are rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic by being a rules stickler.
    And most parliamentary rules would require a quorum, but I guess here if 2 owners actually show up to vote remove that's enough??

Competitive rules are great but there has to actually be someone to compete with.

I'm not trying to "Kick you out" The rules have been posted in the forum for years now, and you have been around plenty long enough to know about the 3/180 competitive rule. Everyone goes up for vote if they miss that rule, you can look back in the forums and see for yourself.

And by all means feel free to recruit owners instead of cry about it. It's well-known that team ownership has been declining for awhile now site-wide.

Yes well when all but 1 of the playoff teams is unowned you are rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic by being a rules stickler.
    And most parliamentary rules would require a quorum, but I guess here if 2 owners actually show up to vote remove that's enough??

Competitive rules are great but there has to actually be someone to compete with.
    That being said Bob, how hard can it be to win 180 games over a 3 year period against a league of primarily CPU ran teams?

No idea. Maybe as hard as winning 108 games then getting bounced by a CPU team in the first round?
    Hey not denying my strategies and decisions might stink but if there were managers to make deals with I like to think we'd be a consistent .495 team.

That being said Bob, how hard can it be to win 180 games over a 3 year period against a league of primarily CPU ran teams?

Also the rule states only that an owner with less than 180 wins will be subject to a removal vote. Therefore your abstain and changing draft pics options should not be voting choices.
    Remove or not remove should be the options.

No idea. Maybe as hard as winning 108 games then getting bounced by a CPU team in the first round?
    Hey not denying my strategies and decisions might stink but if there were managers to make deals with I like to think we'd be a consistent .495 team.

Also the rule states only that an owner with less than 180 wins will be subject to a removal vote. Therefore your abstain and changing draft pics options should not be voting choices.
    Remove or not remove should be the options.

Yeah ,I added that as an alternative to removal vote, as you pointed out, not enough owners... but there should be the opportunity to vote for an alternative consequence.

But, looks like we dont have enough owners to continue anymore anyway.

well poll is closed, but it looks like rvbaty left on his own.