Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EP rules?

EP rules?

I just saw a question about how far in the future we can trade draft picks and thought to myself, is there any rules to this league? I can't find any. EP is now in it's 24th year and there are no formal rules posted. I'm not saying we need 50 things written down, but shouldn't there be some standards. The league has survived 24 seasons without formal rules, so it's obviously working. Should we or shouldn't we adopt formal rules?

Thoughts?
    AFL 2008, 2009, 2011, 2016, 2018, 2020
    ALTRTA 1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2038, 2083, 2089
    Brock 1983
    DPL 2019, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029
    EP 1987, 1988, 1990, 1995​, 1999
    FOB 2101, 2103, 2107
    GOAT 2010
    Justice 2121, 2127, 2129
    LoL 2099, 2100, 2101​, 2102
    Remake AA 2102, 2103, 2104
    Remake AAA 2037, 2038, 2042, 2044, 2045, 2068, 2069, 2070, 2071, 2072, 2073, 2105, 2110, 2111, 2112, 2113, ​2114
    Remake 2113, 2114

Re: EP rules?

Quote Originally Posted by mattavnlk View Post
    I just saw a question about how far in the future we can trade draft picks and thought to myself, is there any rules to this league? I can't find any. EP is now in it's 24th year and there are no formal rules posted. I'm not saying we need 50 things written down, but shouldn't there be some standards. The league has survived 24 seasons without formal rules, so it's obviously working. Should we or shouldn't we adopt formal rules?

Thoughts?
    I'm not opposed. Not sure they are actually needed, but you make a good point.

I agree. We haven’t really needed them but having the basic available is definitely something that wouldn’t hurt.

As for the question on the draft pick trades. I guess the rule (even though it’s never been written anyway) is that you can only trade the current and next season pick.

I always put up the thread to trade next year picks so the rules has kinda been inferred as that. If we want to expand it, I’m open to that.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
    I agree. We haven’t really needed them but having the basic available is definitely something that wouldn’t hurt.

As for the question on the draft pick trades. I guess the rule (even though it’s never been written anyway) is that you can only trade the current and next season pick.

I always put up the thread to trade next year picks so the rules has kinda been inferred as that. If we want to expand it, I’m open to that.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL
    That what I thought was implied,but it is not written so I don't think it can be explicit.
    I think word I'm looking for is it's an implicit rule.

https://forums.csfbl.com/showthread.php/292461-EP-Rules

Here's the basics that I threw together this morning. If we would like to discuss any of the rules or make changes, I think this would be a great time to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mattavnlk View Post
    I agree we should have agreed rules on key subjects such as trading future draft picks. With respect to that rule, my view is it should only be one year in the future. If more than that and the owner drops the team it will be difficult to get anyone to pick up the team once they realize they will not have 1st round picks for awhile.

Thoughts?

We can do whatever you feel is needed but I'm not reversing trades that I already agreed to, not at this point. I have no problem with the suggested idea about trading draft picks in the future, however.

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    We can do whatever you feel is needed but I'm not reversing trades that I already agreed to, not at this point. I have no problem with the suggested idea about trading draft picks in the future, however.
    Agreed. Trade was before the rule, so it should be allowed. In the future, I agree with all rules posted.

edit: also, marsupial, you are doing a very good job as commissioner. well done and thank you.
    ps: who the **** is andyg.... he is commissioner and not even in this league
    Last edited by BluntTrauma; August 12, 2019 at 11:32 PM.

So after consideration, I don't have a problem with the trade. The "rule" was more of a consequence of how things had run in the league. I believe that was the first trade in league history that included a pick beyond the next season so the rule that I put up was molded around the play style that had been present in the league.

I'd also like to point out that I am open to negotiation on any of our "rules" that I pretty much just threw together on a Saturday morning. If we want to put the number of years you can trade picks up to a vote, I'm totally fine with that. If you want to propose PSFA (which I'm less against now that there's blind bidding), Win minimums, or whatever I'm happy to put it to a vote. I just want this league to run smoothly and that my responsibilities are manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by BluntTrauma View Post
    Agreed. Trade was before the rule, so it should be allowed. In the future, I agree with all rules posted.

edit: also, marsupial, you are doing a very good job as commissioner. well done and thank you.
    ps: who the **** is andyg.... he is commissioner and not even in this league
    AndyG owned the Wilmington franchise up until a couple of seasons ago. He had been with the league since the beginning and was a good commish but I believe that he left the game entirely at that time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast