Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delay to start.

Re: Delay to start.

Easier for me to draft when kids are back at school. But, i can make it work

No upcoming vacation. Just ebb and flow with work and some family health stuff that I have to juggle around. My time right now is consistently inconsistent, so I'll make it work whenever. : )
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Glad to have you back again Mak. Doesn't seem like anyone is in a particular rush to get started, and a few people wanted things to begin later rather than sooner, so for now I'm thinking starting the day after Labor Day, Tuesday, September 3rd looks like a good target date.

Vashon is out, likely without his considerable admin powers, and I have to figure what planned adminpower heavy rules can be kept, which will have to be modified, and which have to go. I'll have to get one more owner too. Since wfn has surgery on the Sept 5th we'll just look to start after that, on Monday September 9th.
    Last edited by G Sparks; August 30, 2019 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G Sparks View Post
    look to start after that, on Monday September 9th.
    Sept 9 start date, is fair. 10 days to get ready, schools in, summer is out. Thanks G Sparks

I'd think without Vashon, we would need to figure out what to do about the stuff that he has to take care of. Mostly PSFA right? The full scouting thing is handled through the site now?

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy_03 View Post
    I'd think without Vashon, we would need to figure out what to do about the stuff that he has to take care of. Mostly PSFA right? The full scouting thing is handled through the site now?
    Full scouting? Not sure I follow.

But yeah PSFAs are an issue. I can still create them, just less quickly than he could. The blind bid reveal thing was a Vashon thing so unless he tells someone like Smittias how to do it, and it is simple, we'll have to get a third party outside the league to take bids.

We also were going to lock in player salary for 3 years on won bids, but I don't think anyone has the ingame ability to do what Vashon could, so my backup plan is to post a forum tracker which will effectively reduce a team's salary cap for the 3 years by the excess of that player's bid salary over their in game salary. Example: player with in game salary of 2.5 million is bid on and won at 7.5 million. Thus that team's effective cap becomes 55 million the next 3 years because we can't edit his ingame salary.

And if anyone has a better ideas I'm all ears.

Full FO allocations on 4/1 regardless of salary.

Those should still be working, but we are trying to confirm with Vashon that they will continue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12