Thread: Created Teams

Created Teams

I just created a new team. Can someone tell me how to join a public league that has not started play yet ?

Re: Created Teams

Nevermind I accidentally found it. It only had the 2 games a day option thou. I was looking for 4 or 8. But thats ok I'll give the 2 a day a try.

Kind of of avoided creating a team last several years, it tends to give me the exact opposite style of team I ask. Put the max in infield defense. A 72 RA 1B with everyone else below 55. (and playing with a 31 RA SS at 2B with an AR of friggin 3, but he could hit at least. Want a great pitching staff? 5.50 ERA for a staff though it did include the 4 2/3 inning wonder with a sub-1.50 ERA who couldn't qualify for the ERA title despite 32 starts.

I created 2 teams. 1 heavy on offence the other heavy on pitching and defense. Just to see what I come up with. Neither league has started yet

I forgot one can still create teams. It’s fun, but leagues are tough to come by, let alone sustain.

Quote Originally Posted by djay1958 View Post
    I created 2 teams. 1 heavy on offence the other heavy on pitching and defense. Just to see what I come up with. Neither league has started yet
    are they actually heavy on what you wanted?

Might experiment again sometime just to see.

Not sure if this is a rare occurrence or something like that, but a team I created about a week ago had not a single player, on any level, thirty years old or older, with 20 yr SS with 98 PO and 95 EN and a 21 yr 3B with 98 BA two of the team’s leading players. I find it very weird, but at least it’s a good type of weird.

https://www.csfbl.com/team/roster.asp?teamid=86953
    Last edited by Book_Archer; July 24, 2019 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added link to team roster

Oh well, I'd also get at least 2 43 year olds.

More proof that computers hate me, I guess.

I tried the create a team again

went high in infield defense and speed so what did I get?

well infield defense:

I did get 2 83 RAs...…

….both are 1B.

The major league roster has no SS, but 3 of the 6 infielders are 1B. I did have 2 AAA SSs...…

….with RAs of 49 and 37. I did get a 73 and 6b RA in 2 2B, so I guess I can turn into a so-so defensive SS.

Speed?

Top 5 on the MLB roster

80,72,67,53, 53.

Well, I got one good basetealer, and 2 that might go now and again.

Despite, skimping on SL, I got 3 guys with 80+ SL (including the 80 SP guy)

Didn't check as much with the pitching, but I went higher on FI, and SY. FI didn't look too bad (4-5 in the high60s/low 70s, with SY? And 86, and a couple of 60s)

All in all, in conclusion, with create a team, might as well leave at all 5s, and hope for the best, it is about 90% random. (a bit disappointed)

Note: I don't really expect if I go all out on say infield defense, I don't expect to have an all 90 RA infield, but if you do go all out you would expect to have 1 SS whose nickname isn't "Statue of Liberty" in reference to his defense. Not to mention, if you go that route, for the recognition of not wasting what little RA you get to be wasted at 1B.

Note: I will say other than 3 31 year olds, everyone else was under 30, so I do like they didn't waste my time on guys out of a Florida retirement home.
    Last edited by DTCT; July 28, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

ANyway, I added up the sum of the 11 pitchers on the MLB,

Again I went high on FI, slightly lower on SY but still a focus, while sacrificing a little CO, and a lot on PO.

The averages: 49.8 PO, 56.6 FI, 56.2 CO, 51.4 SY

Ok, I was punting on PO, so that part makes sense, but why is CO within half a point of FI? And why is SY so pathetically low when it was the #2 focus? In fact, take away that one 86 SY guy, and with the other 10 pitchers PO would be higher than SY.