Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough start in Orlando

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Re: Rough start in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Nice work, its possible I might have a guy to help you next season.
    Cool I'll check things out after the flip

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Re: Rough start in Orlando

After the 1st full season under new ownership the Motormouth team has high hopes the '87 season. The team an opening day roster snafu where prospects werent brought up for opening day because the GM had too many brewskis on Saturday night. But facing the 2X WS champs to open the season has been a good test to gauge if their expectations for 75-80 wins is realistic.

Game one saw a roster filler pitch opening day, the team held its own in a 6-4 lose against the AS's Ace.

Game Two was the debut of the '86 2nd overall pick, Kyle Wesley who took the 3-0 loss in a CG effort.

Game three was another debut, this time it was Frank McCarthy who was a holdover from previous ownership. This time it was the MMs taking the game 3-0 with a CG SHO in McCarthy's debut. He has heavy expectation with a skyhigh salary that team officials have wondered if his results would warrant it. He had a bit of an unusual line in this game, threw 133 pitches and only 69 for strikes but he SO 8 while walking only 2 and allowing only 5 hits.

Surprised by some decent FA talent, the team added a few pieces to increase offense. Malcolm Howard was a surprise addition from the PSFA list, I thought a good power hitter would have gone ahead of me. He replaces a vet power bat we signed earlier, former Lord's player Barone.

Ron Rodriguez wasnt given a shot since debuting in '81 only to be released that same season, switch hitter will start behind the plate and add offense to the position.

Mike Hess is a solid defensive 2B that slides over to SS which will still be an improvement despite the penalty.

The team also feels good about Two vets of the bench in Bruce Ferguson & Arturo Fullilove.

Last seasons PSFA Melvin Coleman slides in to a MR role while his SY still has 20 pts to grow over the next few seasons.
    Last edited by bobcat1018; Yesterday at 06:20 PM.
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12