Thread: 2011 TCB Season Chat

2011 TCB Season Chat

Let the good times roll!
    "...turns out you don't grip a baseball. Baseball grips you".

Re: 2011 TCB Season Chat

Charles French

Jose Brown

Looking for a 2nd rounder for each
    Owner of :
    Binopolis Blue Sox (BCP) *est.1982
    Binopolis Red Sox (RHP) *day 1 WS Finalist 1981 Division Finalist 1982 ; 1983
    Binopolis Classic Sox(Classic Prospect) *day 1 WS Finalist 1981
    Bowie Baysox (MLB - ReMake AA) *est. 2088 WS CHAMP 2088 WS Finalist 2089
    Gwinnett Braves (MLB - ReMake AA) *est. 2091
    Kansas City Monarchs (TCB) *est. 1983
    St Louis Cardinals (TML) *est. 1963 WS Finalist 1964 Division Finalist 1963, 1966 Conference Finalist 1967

Well Denver has started out a pathetic 9-27. I wanted to rebuild, but the players decided to all out tank evidently. Last game I actually got some offense (8 runs) but the pitching wouldn't be outdone that easy (giving up 9). I need to start

Who will make the playoffs ? Who will win it all?
    "...turns out you don't grip a baseball. Baseball grips you".

I think it’s safe to say Colorado Springs and Northwest will make the playoffs from NL West.

Definitely safe to say that Denver wont. Though after a 9-27 start, we did play at a playoff pace for about 6 weeks.

The Phillies are looking to get revenge for our very disappointing 5-game loss in the first round to Albany last year. Hopefully things go a little better this time around. Every single pitcher on our active roster with the exception of closer Gregory Houston was a free agent pickup, so it would be kind of cool to win a World Series that way. That said, even if we get past Albany it's hard to see anyone beating the Browns. Maybe Seattle has the best shot at it with their league-best pitching staff... we'll have to see.

The West.

Well...…..we were a bit top heavy weren't we. Kind of like the 2019 AL Central, you know if they added a 6th team that would actually sort of compete with Minnesota (instead of pretending to like the Indians)

Here in Denver we are 63-96, and somehow in 4th place.

Yeesh, I was trying to figure out possible All-stars for me with the season over and waiting for it to come out.

SP-Jessie Harmon- 2.89 ERA. I feel is my only sure-fire candidate. Will likely be downgraded in the wins category I suppose, but win shortage comes with playing on a .400 club.

2B Allan Lujan-deserves to make it. .430 OBP is always impressive. But, with nothing else special, and an absolute lack of power, being a 2B is his sole reason for having a chance

Willie Stone-2.78 ERA in 90 innings of middle relief. I've seen guys like that make it, always depends on how impressive the division's closers were in all likelihood

C-Sidney Munoz- .299 BA with 12 HRs, at a traditionally defensive position, depends on whether the teams' divisions as a whole punts defense at catcher, or wants to stop the run game. If the latter, maybe.

CF-John Moreland- 800+ OPS isn't particularly bad for a CF, I'd say less than a 1% chance. I just wanted to list a top 5, to be honest.

Unfortunately for me, I believe all 5 of these players are age 29 or older. I need to figure out how I want to rebuild, and stick with decided strategy for 4-5 years, for good or ill.
    Last edited by DTCT; Yesterday at 01:22 AM.

Welp, I did have 2, Jessie Harmon, and a surprise Michael Ortega. Ortega did have a solid season (.313-10-70), but that usually doesn't make one an All-Star in RF.