Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congratulations, Apopka Purge!

Re: Congrats purge ...however

Quote Originally Posted by eagriffin View Post
    The cap is a soft cap, and there is a punishment for going over. Your players decline faster, your minors develop more slowly, and your scouting is almost non-existent. You have no ability to add free agents.

The only way to go over the cap is to have a team that is below it, then have your players improve so much that the salary goes way up. It's a fair system. Apopka basically had to set up his team in such a way that he couldn't change it for years and let it ride years in advance. Everyone has the same chance; most people can't do it and set themselves up for 3 titles.
    Your right and how he does it is a credit to him however a soft cap has the word cap in it there has to be a dollar amount set somewhere he can still trade which he has and yes age can play a role but what happens if he reaches let’s say say 95 million that is more than half of what the original cap is lol there has to be a cutoff point a number which says that’s it can’t go higher

Re: Congratulations, Apopka Purge!

I don't see anywhere where it says "hard" cap in this league. As ea said, this league (and all leagues by default) play the same way as a "soft cap". I am in several "hard cap" leagues like Triple Crown Baseball, E P, Blue Chip Baseball and at least one or two others and in those leagues the commissioners have to monitor the league's finances to ensure teams stay under the cap by whatever means that league has agreed to, usually by a 4/1 league date. I've won in those leagues also, Tomball has four titles in a nine year span (though that window is closing now).

As you can see, half the league is presently over the cap. Its generally how many of the established leagues are. I assure you that I (or anybody else) have not tainted themselves by playing by the rules the game established. Empire Strikes Out, another league we share, is also the same way. I've been lucky enough to set up a team for what I hope is a long and successful run. Is it the best way? No, probably not. In fact I always admired how well ea has managed his cap while fielding dominant teams here for many a season.

And yes, I have penalties. I would kill to have some scouting right now, especially for my pitching. I'm also going to start suffering from a lack of development for both my active and minor league rosters. I can't sign a player and often trading is down right difficult since only half the league is under the cap.

You are not the first guy so go down this road on me. I ended up quitting a league because someone decided that this hard cap just had to be in place as myself and a few other owners had successful runs. I hope that doesn't happen here. If you want to play by a hard cap (or some variation thereof) there are leagues out there that have them. Unfortunately the ones I am in do not have any open teams or I'd invite you. You've always seemed to be reasonable to deal with on trades and such and I'd like to see you in more leagues. Keep an eye out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    I don't see anywhere where it says "hard" cap in this league. As ea said, this league (and all leagues by default) play the same way as a "soft cap". I am in several "hard cap" leagues like Triple Crown Baseball, E P, Blue Chip Baseball and at least one or two others and in those leagues the commissioners have to monitor the league's finances to ensure teams stay under the cap by whatever means that league has agreed to, usually by a 4/1 league date. I've won in those leagues also, Tomball has four titles in a nine year span (though that window is closing now).

As you can see, half the league is presently over the cap. Its generally how many of the established leagues are. I assure you that I (or anybody else) have not tainted themselves by playing by the rules the game established. Empire Strikes Out, another league we share, is also the same way. I've been lucky enough to set up a team for what I hope is a long and successful run. Is it the best way? No, probably not. In fact I always admired how well ea has managed his cap while fielding dominant teams here for many a season.

And yes, I have penalties. I would kill to have some scouting right now, especially for my pitching. I'm also going to start suffering from a lack of development for both my active and minor league rosters. I can't sign a player and often trading is down right difficult since only half the league is under the cap.

You are not the first guy so go down this road on me. I ended up quitting a league because someone decided that this hard cap just had to be in place as myself and a few other owners had successful runs. I hope that doesn't happen here. If you want to play by a hard cap (or some variation thereof) there are leagues out there that have them. Unfortunately the ones I am in do not have any open teams or I'd invite you. You've always seemed to be reasonable to deal with on trades and such and I'd like to see you in more leagues. Keep an eye out for them.
    I’m not saying u can’t go over the cap my point is how much over he’s 1/3 over the original cap and as long as he keeps winning which he will cause his team is that good then when is the limit ? If the cap is 60 million then the soft cap limit should be 68 let’s say I try and put it this way being 24 million dollars over to a person who abides the 60 million is like saying he has (6) four million dollars more players also when you go over the cap your number is in red lol I’m just saying if there is a soft cap then the word cap has to be used as well it doesn’t say soft infinity it says cap which means a number limit

There is no limit. I've seen a team go over $100M in salary before (and they weren't all that good). The "cap" is just the number the league uses to allocate how much cash you can use for scouting and training. I think "cap" is a bad term to use really.

not The start I was looking for

Got to change in a different direction which means everybody is up for trade looking to go young make me a offer

Trade trade trade

Have plenty more to move give me your prospects lol

Re: Trade trade trade

im trading anybody on my roster over the age of 27 looking for younger guys you can go for any 3 you like or one on one doesn’t matter

Need a vet for your playoff drive

C- OSWALD - 292-22-62 OPS 915 .....LF- LEE - 282-22-69 OPS 875 SS- IVEY - 294- 9 - 21 OPS - 1.069 have others looking for young players take a look

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12