Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2085 Amateur Draft: draft finished. picks set. LM checked. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR DRAFT LIST

Re: 2085 Amateur Draft: List drops 5/19 6pm ET. Block 1 due 9am ET 5/21

Here is my general policy for altrta: we welcome ALL owners, regardless of history, ability, newness, etc. We are a low key league, we stay drama free. in the very few times we've had drama in the league, I've invited people to leave if they dont like another owner.

i've found bobcat to a solid owner, a stand up commish, and a solid overall addition to any league.

i've found orlando to be a very competitive owner with a high game skill level who talks more trash than I care for.

as long as this is the last flare up, we will be fine moving forward. please either ignore each other or learn to be cordial.

otherwise, i am an very happy to remove one or both owners.

altrta is the most drama free league you will find considering our ownership talent level. I'd like to keep it that way.
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game bitches!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    Agreed
    Awe thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars

edited the inflammatory posts (i went overboard on editing)

Kum Ba Yah people. lets have fun!

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

I've said my peace, and I'm moving on.
    Big Pimp, you run a great league and I'm happy to be here. As for you Bobcat, welcome to the ALTRTA and make sure you don't botch the 2nd overall pick in this seasons draft!

Simple Rules:

Re: 2085 Amateur Draft: List drops 5/19 6pm ET. Block 2 due 9am ET 5/22

if anyone has a reason to trade out of the first round, I'd like to acquire your 1st and/or 2nd. I can offer:

Pick 18 next year

Pick 10 in 2087

Miles Gerlach 2b 26yo 0EXP 50/50 35/45 96/96 15/15 56/64 72/72 52/52 72/72 43/46 -4

Jesus Rutherford SS 25yo 59/62 32/32 60/60 53/53 65/73 81/81 59/59 64/69 74/86 -4

Shawn Gordon CF 28yo 40/40 68/68 48/48 64/67 71/73 95/95 70/70 94/94 39/39 -3

James Woods P 29yo 0EXP 94/94 42/42 65/65 44/44 75/91en -4

Simple Rules:

I don't know what was going on but I hope that one day I'll be in the conversation for the top 150 or so active owners in the game.

Likely not helping this cause will be my selection at #8 of SS Ronald Lee. I should probably take a pitcher but with zero scouting I'm going to hope this guy's RA and PO is really around what I see.

Go Cyanide.

Simple Rules:

Re: 2085 Amateur Draft: List drops 5/19 6pm ET. Block 3 due 9am ET 5/23

Simple Rules:

Re: 2085 Amateur Draft: List drops 5/19 6pm ET. Block 4 due 9am ET 5/24

Kevin Nakamura 1B for the Checkers, thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast