Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on with Puerto Galera Penomena

Whats going on with Puerto Galera Penomena

The low minors are full so they had no draft choices this season. There are 30 yr. old players in the low minors along with a 28 yr old SS that has a salary over 7m and would start on every team in this league.

Also it appears this team won't hit the 55 win min. They have to win over 50% of their remaining games.

Is this team being actively managed? They aren't sandbagging because they lost the first pick because they had no room.

Mark
    Last edited by Verizer; May 18, 2019 at 10:19 PM.

Re: Whats going on with Puerto Galera Penomena

Good question. Maybe the owner will be kind enough to give us a clue. Looks like he loged in yesterday????? Busy???

I believe he's been in this league longer than nearly anyone apart from ZubaZ.

It is one of the reasons tanking didn't bother me as much as it did some other people; you knew all of those players would eventually be put into play and the owners were involved.

I've got nothing bad to say about someone who has better things to do than micromanage a fictional baseball team, but things like this are the number one reason teams do get to dominate. Hall of Fame caliber players disappearing off the grid completely. I do believe Puerto Galera is a title contender with everyone called up.

In my opinion something needs to be decided about this situation before next season starts. The 55 win penalty doesn't mean much considering the minors are full and no draft choices will be picked.

Mark

As far as I know, soldats is close to an original owner in a league which stretches back to December 2004 real time. He also has a history of neglecting his team for long periods of time.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

Quote Originally Posted by Verizer View Post
    In my opinion something needs to be decided about this situation before next season starts. The 55 win penalty doesn't mean much considering the minors are full and no draft choices will be picked.

Mark
    Mark give us a hint what your thinking. I have adjusted the draft order for the new season. So he's throwing away his draft picks. He's violated the 55 win rule so we've applied the penalty. The only thing I can think of is send him a PM open a conversation with him. Other than that you can post nasty messages about him. But neglect is a real world phenomena. He's just making the game more realistic. I'd be glad to whip him with a wet noodle if that's what you want. Otherwise tell us what you think should be done.

Lapu

Quote Originally Posted by Lapu Lapu View Post
    Mark give us a hint what your thinking. I have adjusted the draft order for the new season. So he's throwing away his draft picks. He's violated the 55 win rule so we've applied the penalty. The only thing I can think of is send him a PM open a conversation with him. Other than that you can post nasty messages about him. But neglect is a real world phenomena. He's just making the game more realistic. I'd be glad to whip him with a wet noodle if that's what you want. Otherwise tell us what you think should be done.

Lapu
    I'm not into nasty or wet noodle whipping.

This is one of the better leagues on Csfbl and we need to be proactive to keep it this way.

We made the sandbagging rule to counteract that issue. Now maybe we need an activity rule to keep this from becoming a problem?

The first thing is to for one of the commissioners to contact Soldats. He appears to be logging into CSFBL periodically. In fact it looks like he logged in today.
    If something is wrong then maybe the commissioners can manage the roster temporarily?

Mark
    Last edited by Verizer; June 3, 2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verizer View Post
    I'm not into nasty or wet noodle whipping.

This is one of the better leagues on Csfbl and we need to be proactive to keep it this way.

We made the sandbagging rule to counteract that issue. Now maybe we need an activity rule to keep this from becoming a problem?

The first thing is to for one of the commissioners to contact Soldats. He appears to be logging into CSFBL periodically. In fact it looks like he logged in today.
    If something is wrong then maybe the commissioners can manage the roster temporarily?

Mark

I think this is a good idea. I feel squeamish about it involving someone who is at this point the league elder, but even more so than tanking, it's what makes competition lopsided. That, and lack of cap management, but that seems pretty near universal.

Quote Originally Posted by eagriffin View Post
    I think this is a good idea. I feel squeamish about it involving someone who is at this point the league elder, but even more so than tanking, it's what makes competition lopsided. That, and lack of cap management, but that seems pretty near universal.
    Ok. I'm glad to contact him. In my mind the suggest solution is worse than the behavior. But I'll contact him and see what he has to say.

Lapu

Quote Originally Posted by Lapu Lapu View Post
    Ok. I'm glad to contact him. In my mind the suggest solution is worse than the behavior. But I'll contact him and see what he has to say.

Lapu
    Right, I don't have a solution beyond checking in and saying hey what's up. Would just be nice to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast