Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State your case for the California franchise - OK NOW VOTE BY PM TO JELLY (Meddle vs Tyrus)

State your case for the California franchise - OK NOW VOTE BY PM TO JELLY (Meddle vs Tyrus)

We had a very close vote a couple of months ago, and I’m tempted to give the team to the runner-up, but we have time before the flip, so I’d like to open it up.

Please state your case here for why you’d be a good addition to TCL.

Re: State your case for the California franchise

From the new candidate list and application thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddeus View Post
    Current Candidate List PM Admins (cut and paste into PM - andujar; bigdbpimpin1; jellyinsd; makila)

Anathema
    tander28
    TyrusCobb
    MeddlePAL
    No_statik

----------
    Interested in joining the best league in the CSFBL universe? Well, you've come to the right place. Call us elitist but we feel strongly that this is the best overall league in all of CSFBL. From forum activity to overall league competition to kerfluffle drama. We've got it all. If you want to be part of that, tell us why you'd be a great fit.

1. How long have you been playing CSFBL?

2. How many leagues are you currently a member of and where would we rank in priority amongst your various leagues?

3. Are you an active user on the forums? How frequently are you able to access the site/forums?

4. Do you play with any current TCL members in other leagues that might be able to vouch for you? If so, who?

5. Do you bring anything unique to the table? (We have owners who are very dedicated to making the league special by adding rankings, special awards, stat tracking and even viral videos). If you have the desire and/or ability to bring a new feature to the league we would love to hear about it.

6. What MLB team do you support and why?

In order to earn Jelly's vote, please affirm:

A. I will add to the league via the boards and be timely with my draft picks.

B. I will give my team a reasonable name in the format REAL PLACE + MASCOT, as the game side of this is not a stand-up comedy routine, and puns make the box scores look silly.

C. I hate tanking. I will not oversell my team upon taking ownership. I will shape the team to my liking over time, not immediately via 50 and 60-win seasons.

D. I will use the Live Trade Thread to negotiate my deals so that we can have an efficient market for both buyers and sellers and curtail the need for post-trade whining which can become so tedious in other leagues.

We appreciate your interest. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to shoot a PM to any member of the commish team or just post a thread on our forums. We're a chatty bunch and very little is off limits so feel free to join in. Traditionally, candidates who became active members of the forums had much greater success in league votes when teams became available. The better we know you, the more likely we are to vote for you.

PMs sent to the candidates. Anyone else who sees this is welcome to throw their hat into the ring. Vote coming soon so that we can have someone in before the flip (currently in LCS with game 3 at noon).
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., ‘83, ‘84. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

State your case for the California franchise

Hey guys. Glad to be back competing for a team!

I’ve a relative new comer to CSFBL having been at it a little more than 1.5 years. I’m currently in 8 leagues including LEG, GOAT 3, Brockmire, EP, BCB,Big League and Diamond Legends. I’m a Commish in 2 leagues and would be willing to help out here including running drafts or whatever needs to be done. I’ve been reasonably successful with 8 WS titles. But more than that, I’m a steady dedicated owner who always competes daily and puts in the time to be competitive.

CSFBL is a major portion of my online time. So I’m on the forums several times per day and average 2.5 posts/d. Honestly would be more if some of the leagues had more active forum posters.

As far as who can vouch for me? Idk, I’ve played with several of you including Luke, jpax and some others. I generally get along well with just about all owners who are interested in getting along. :-)

I have grown up and remained in upstate NY most of my life and have been a die hard yankee fan since the days of Mr October and the epic Dodger vs Yanks World Series of late 70s when I was 7 years old. I wonder what Reggie Jackson’s CSFBL ratings would be? 98 SL and 9 CN?

So that’s it for now. Any questions feel free to shoot.

And Oh yes I affirm A, B, C and D.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by jellyinsd View Post
    I’m tempted to give the team to the runner-up
    That's how Rando was given a team, something to be learned from I think.
    Fighting Physicists - The Classic League
    "All science is either physics or stamp collecting." -Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by dl3mk3 View Post
    I think it was a little different, but I take your point.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., ‘83, ‘84. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Hey guys. Glad to be back competing for a team!

I’ve a relative new comer to CSFBL having been at it a little more than 1.5 years. I’m currently in 8 leagues including LEG, GOAT 3, Brockmire, EP, BCB,Big League and Diamond Legends. I’m a Commish in 2 leagues and would be willing to help out here including running drafts or whatever needs to be done. I’ve been reasonably successful with 8 WS titles. But more than that, I’m a steady dedicated owner who always competes daily and puts in the time to be competitive.

CSFBL is a major portion of my online time. So I’m on the forums several times per day and average 2.5 posts/d. Honestly would be more if some of the leagues had more active forum posters.

As far as who can vouch for me? Idk, I’ve played with several of you including Luke, jpax and some others. I generally get along well with just about all owners who are interested in getting along. :-)

I have grown up and remained in upstate NY most of my life and have been a die hard yankee fan since the days of Mr October and the epic Dodger vs Yanks World Series of late 70s when I was 7 years old. I wonder what Reggie Jackson’s CSFBL ratings would be? 98 SL and 9 CN?

So that’s it for now. Any questions feel free to shoot.

And Oh yes I affirm A, B, C and D.

Less than 24 hours after stealing the guy I wanted in a draft... How the turntables have turned!

Quote Originally Posted by dl3mk3 View Post
    I was also given the current team as a runner up. Safe to that method is a fail, unless there is some other evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
    Less than 24 hours after stealing the guy I wanted in a draft... How the turntables have turned!
    Lol. I hope you don’t ask for Rumsey in exchange for your vote! That would be a tough call!

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Lol. I hope you don’t ask for Rumsey in exchange for your vote! That would be a tough call!

Recruiting two new owners to EP would probably sway my vote

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast