Thread: All-Time Leaders by Position

All-Time Leaders by Position

I think it'd be pretty cool if we could view the all time leaders by position. As it stands now, we'd have to go to stats, sort by all time, select which category we want, etc ... and then repeat per stat. Is there some way we could make that a selection of the All-Time leaders on the history page? It could put all stats on the same page so discussions for best player at "x" position could take place. I realize that you can sort career stats by position, but rankings per position would appease OCD stat buffs like me.
    World Series Record: 1 - 2
    Dodgers Baseball: Sherman Oaks Spartans: 1964 (L)
    Big League: Seattle Sasquatches: 1995 (W), 1996 (L)

Re: All-Time Leaders by Position

Perhaps one way to approach this is to add a position filter on the existing league all-time leaders page?

For example, this page but with a position dropdown (all positions or just a specific position): https://www.csfbl.com/league/alltime...=careerbatting

The challenge may be, how do we pick the position for a player? If a guy played half his career at 2B, and half at SS, do we show his career stats for both positions, or just for the one he played the most games in? Or do we recalculate only based on the seasons he played that position? What about players who played multiple positions in a season -- do we go down to the individual game?

OK, I'm getting a little in the weeds here... but perhaps to "qualify" at an all-time leader at a position, you need to play at least (x) number of games at that position in your career. Should it be 500 games? 800 games? 1000 games?

Re: All-Time Leaders by Position

A position filter on the all-time leaders page would be cool in my opinion. The qualification criteria makes sense though, and honestly I have no idea what the threshold should be. For the sake of a forum discussion, I was just trying to come up with a list of the greatest players at X position of all time, and scrolling and sorting career stats on the stats page is time consuming.
    World Series Record: 1 - 2
    Dodgers Baseball: Sherman Oaks Spartans: 1964 (L)
    Big League: Seattle Sasquatches: 1995 (W), 1996 (L)