Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2001 Season Chatter

2001 Season Chatter

Could be a less graceful decline for Robert Taylor than expected. Despite maintaining his elite SY, he is starting to show some cracks as he sits at 0-3 with a 7.80 ERA. A rough start for the Koalas at 1-10, could this be the first year we finish in the basement in franchise history? Age is certainly a factor a lot of these guys.

Re: 2001 Season Chatter

Hebron had delusions of grandeur explode in their face when they went on what will now be called "The Kings to Paste you with Terror " 3 series run. 9 games against King County, Guatemala and Tomball were a reflection of how far the team still has to go before becoming championship material. Outscored 58-26 and somehow pulling off 1 victory, the team may never regroup this season.

I knew the Black Sox were playing way over their head in the 1st half and now my suspicions are confirmed. Since our high water mark of 63-27 on 7/11, we have gone 6-20 and have gone from 2 games up in the division to 12 games off the pace.

Still some growing for us before we are real contenders again.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

The Koalas haven't had a losing season since 1985. After our 2-13 start, it seemed inevitable but we've have clawed our way up to 69-68 in early September. While we sit pretty far from a playoff spot, the veteran pride has taken over and the team is hoping to avoid just the 4th losing season in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
    The Koalas haven't had a losing season since 1985. After our 2-13 start, it seemed inevitable but we've have clawed our way up to 69-68 in early September. While we sit pretty far from a playoff spot, the veteran pride has taken over and the team is hoping to avoid just the 4th losing season in franchise history.
    I almost feel sorry for Taylor with his *bloated* ERA of 2.79 and 1.15 WHIP. Lol. Almost....

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    I almost feel sorry for Taylor with his *bloated* ERA of 2.79 and 1.15 WHIP. Lol. Almost....

Hey he's crushing it this year after two straight years of an ERA over 3. The 12 wins is rough though, really hoping he will hang around long enough for a shot at 400 wins and 5000 strikeouts but the offense on this team is truly pathetic which makes it difficult for him to pick up those wins.

Hey he's crushing it this year after two straight years of an ERA over 3. The 12 wins is rough though, really hoping he will hang around long enough for a shot at 400 wins and 5000 strikeouts but the offense on this team is truly pathetic which makes it difficult for him to pick up those wins.
    Impressive no doubt! 400 wins is epic. Many very good pitchers in this game don’t get much above 200.

He's an original. That is very special! I hope he gets to 400, a very high mark for someone to beat.

With Kings county losing 3 of last 4 and Everett winning 3 of last 4 games of the season, Everett has snuck into the playoffs!

Milestones in 2001 for the Hebron/Huntsville franchise: 1st 90 Win season and 1st Playoff appearance.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast