Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Blue Chip Baseball Milestone Tracker

Re: 2008 Blue Chip Baseball Milestone Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Gbears877 View Post
    Ronald Dixon of Walker Park becomes the 7th member of the 600 HR club!
    Thanks for picking me up, Gbears! My real life work has been taking up a lot of my time lately but it's getting under control now. Awesome achievement for Dixon! Feel free to keep us abreast of his climb up the ladder in next seasons Milestone tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaldo View Post
    Congrats to Coventry's Richard Nakamura for throwing a no-hitter against South Park!

https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=41088619
    That's something he can tell the grandkids!

Yeah it pained me to release him but he was just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    Bernard Snyder lost ground on Pearson to be #1 in Saves. Snyder now sits at #3 All-Time, 13 behind Pearson. I will track this stat to the end. Both are aging but Snyder only collected 10 Saves this season so it looks like Pearson will hold the title for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by apmarine View Post
    Yeah it pained me to release him but he was just horrible.
    Maybe some rebuilding team will snatch him up and try to get him to #1. Probably not since marsupial is no longer rebuilding.

2009's milestones will likely be led by the race to 4000 strikeouts between WALKER PARK's John Straight (3,864) and Mount Vernon's McClain Merrill (3,855). Both will likely hit the milestone this year to join Charles Wimer as the 2nd and 3rd pitchers in league history but who will get there first?

Quote Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
    2009's milestones will likely be led by the race to 4000 strikeouts between WALKER PARK's John Straight (3,864) and Mount Vernon's McClain Merrill (3,855). Both will likely hit the milestone this year to join Charles Wimer as the 2nd and 3rd pitchers in league history but who will get there first?
    I am guessing that Merrill gets there first. Based on my current scouting, Straight's one time 94 PO is down to 73. He now relies on his 95 SY for his effectiveness. Merrill's PO has dropped also - but still sits at 83. Both Straight and Merrill are 2-0 in their first two starts. Merrill has the edge in K's 19-17. Two 35 year old future Hall of Famers still making strong contributions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12